Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

Just named Whisky of the year by Whisky Advocate, bought the last 3 at my local Total Wine.

Delicious drink and super reasonable, especially in this insane whiskey market. I’ve had the"B" batch and the “A” batch and I’ve consistently thought the"A" was better.

It was OK, a good bourbon but not WOTY worthy

Anyone tried the new EC18

We just got our 18 and 23 so will post if I get to them before 2018. I have always like Barrel Proof and especially at the price it’s a solid addition to lineup…nice to see a barrel proof age statement well under $100.

*** we sell these

Found 2 of the b117 batch at Costco Tacoma, I prefer this to the B517 but only slightly.

Yea, we sold them a chunk of it Mike…Costco continues to buy some interesting things in WA.

No such thing as B117… that would be the “A”. For 2017s it is A117, B517 and C917.

I didn’t know to pay attention to batch numbers. I’ve had one bottle of this and found it to be fairly average. But I don’t know the batch number.

The A117 in my glass at the moment is a bit hot and harsh, but I just finished off the last of my Smooth Ambler Old Scout 11 year single barrel so the Elijah Craig really didn’t stand a chance.