Japanese Beer

The only Japanese beers that I have found enjoyable are Hitachino Nest and Kagua. Any suggestions that are not Sapporo, Kirin, or Asahi? Thanks.

Jerome,

I work for a company called Domaine Select. We distribute the beers from Yo-Ho Brewing in Nagano. You can buy them at some places in NY, or ask your local shop to call and special order for you. I can ask our North Jersey rep if anyone has them in your area.

currently available: Tokyo Black Porter, Yona Yona Pale Ale, Wednesday Cat Wit.

Baird.
Echigo, particularly their Stout

This.

The folks at Baird are downright personable too. Do you know them yet?

I do not! I just know their beers.

I will have to look around for some of these. I think I’ve seen Echigo before. Thanks!

Beeradvocate.com can be helpful.

Did my post grad degree with one of the guys who started it. Very nice people and their Tap Rooms as they call their own brew pubs are fantastic places to spend many hours. The first one in Numazu is handily located near some amazing food as well. If and when you visit I would recommend stopping in a Tap Room. I will put you in touch with my friend. Having one a left-handed softball throw from my home does not really cramp my style at all.

I have enjoyed Coedo beers in the past. A couple in the range are very malt forward so you have to like that sort of thing.

Baird was fantastic when I visited Japan.