Seattle Cocktail Bars

Here’s a list of my favorite cocktail bars in Seattle. What are yours?

The Old Guard
Canon
Liberty
Rob Roy
Zig Zag
Tavern Law

The New Guard
Rumba
Bathtub Gin
Foreign National
Damn the Weather
L’Orsin
Navy Strength
No Anchor
Bastille

No love for old guard Tavern Law?

Sadly, Spur closed early last year. I really enjoyed how they did cocktail pairings with their tasting menu.

I’d add a handful of others in Ballard, especially Sexton. For tiki, I prefer Hotel Albatross to Navy Strength.

updated spur and Tavern Law

I like Tin Table on Capitol Hill. Disclaimer: the owner is a friend. But their program is solid. There’s a new place in West Seattle called Alchemy I need to try.

I guess it’s old guard by now, but http://radiatorwhiskey.com/ is one of my favorites and a can’t miss if you’re visiting Seattle. Food is classic hipster comfort (tater tots and gravy, whole hog’s head, pork shank with sweet peppers), cocktails are a mix of regular and barrel-aged and the service is usually great. It’s also right at the entrance of Pike’s Market, so you get to walk up crickety old wooden stairs, while you’re at it.

Last time I visited, I made a special request for a “table with a view of Showgirls.” The line cooks died laughing, I got my window seat… and a small plate to get us started :wink:

If you can still walk, head down the stairs in the market to http://zigzagseattle.com/ and hit the night cap.

I really miss Seattle [cry.gif]

Not a traditional cocktail bar per se but my favorite spot in Seattle for a cocktail or dinner is Il Bistro at the entrance to the market. Excellent classic cocktails and a happy hour menu that can’t be beat (late night happy hour as well).

Solid cocktails can also be had at Bathtub Gin & Co. in Belltown.

James at Canlis is a great bartender too, with a remodeled bar and great view of Gasworks. Unfortunately too many are afraid to go hang in the bar, for fear of having to wear a jacket. Free parking, great view, great drink…I go whenever I can.

I am not at all a cocktail drinker, but I always enjoy Essex.

Michael

We eat at the Met 4 or 5 times a year and always enjoy their cocktails, especially the Manahattan

Mike,

Rob Nokes at Met is one if my favorite bartenders in all of Seattle.

A few of our usual stops include:
-Rocco’s
-Knee High Stocking Company
-Bathtub Gin
-Sun Liquor

Bathtub Gin is fantastic if you can get a seat upstairs.