Gourmet Bloody Mary Recipe

Tailgating tomorrow morning, very early, and figured Bloodys would be the best way to start. Anyone have a favorite recipe?

1. open liter/half gallon of ketel one
  2. open preferred bloody mary mixer
  3. prep celery, olices, other veggies
  4. pour ketel one over ice in preferred vessel
  5. discard anything tomoato based while vodka is chilling
  6. open bottle of good qpr bubbles, pour in second vessel, add OJ
  7. drink mimosa and enjoy
  8. when in need of “kicker” – consume chilled ketel one
  9. enjoy game!
    [welldone.gif]

First, it’s a Bloody Maria. Vodka is just empty calories, Tequila is a sacrament and a tonic.

Use any 100% Agave blanco. Since I make these one at a time, you’ll have to extrapolate to get the quantity you need, but the ingredients are most important.

Fill a shaker half way with ice. Sprinkle in some celery salt, add horseradish, Tabasco, ground black pepper, and lemon juice. Add 1-2 oz’s of Tequila and stir. Add a 5.5 oz can of Tomato juice. Shake, pour over ice. Taste. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Since you’re tailgating, you will probably want to strain into a Thermos and bring some prepped celery along.

Once you’ve tried Tequila instead of Vodka, you’ll never go back and your head will feel better.

Here’s the one I went with, FYI.

• 4 cups chilled tomato juice
  • 9 oz vodka (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
  • 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper

Let the mix sit overnight and [winner.gif] !

Pretty close to my recipe, Josh. I’ll add some smoked paprika and will do equal parts lemon and lime juice. Yummy!

Jeff,

Great tequila is my favorite sipping beverage. I tried Bloody Maria once, and I almost gagged…could not drink it. Not sure if it was the tomato juice with the tequila, but I could not pass go.

However, I do agree with you on good tequila. Rarely any bad results the next morning, and goes well with wine!

Sliger, very funny.