A quick story and an old bottle of Guinness

Okay so about 15 years ago our family had gathered at my Grandmother’s in Stamford, CT and she was serving bud light. Now having recently graduated from college and thinking that I had moved on from those types of beers I was like ‘Grams, don’t you have something else to drink for your favorite grandson?’ So she disappeared into the basement and re-emerged offering up the below bottle of Guinness while telling me that it was given to my Grandfather (who had passed away when I was 7) several decades ago and that he didn’t much care for it. Now I closely inspected the front of the bottle and knew that this was quite old and probably long past drinkable but when I flipped it over and saw when it was bottled I was totally flabbergasted :astonished:

Anyways, I am curious if this bottle due to its age has any value besides the sentimental value it holds for me?
IMG_3925.JPG
IMG_3926.JPG

I dunno, maybe someone would want it to display it as a novelty since the beer inside is undrinkable. You can try to sell it on mybeercellar but not sure what to value that bottle.

Or contact Guinness maybe they would be interested to get it back.

wow that is some throw back vintage stuff!!! thanks for sharing

I’d agree with this. Guinness has a bunch of these old bottles in their museum; I’m sure they’d love another… and it’s a great story to pass along. Would be even cooler to plan a trip to Dublin and offer to give it to the factory’s museum in exchange for a special tour, dinner, etc. Can’t put a price on those experiences and it’s a bottle like this that buys you entry.

Teeling also opened a museum in the front of their distillery, and has several old Guinness bottles, in addition to other Irish alcohol memorabilia.

Wow! It’s pretty amazing that bottle has survived more than 80 years.

any update?

No update as it’s still residing on display front and center in my wine fridge where it will likely stay if that is what you were getting at.

That’s how I prefer to handle Guinness anyway.