Old Beer - Results

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Rob Isaacs

Old Beer - Results

#51 Post by Rob Isaacs » August 2nd, 2016, 1:07 pm

Hoppy barleywine is the best way to categorize it. The first few years these were bottled only in 750's. They used to bottle them by hand 5 or 6 at a time. Not sure if it's true, but the story I heard was that when the corks were getting put in the bottles someone had their finger over the bottle and the corking machine punched their knuckle into the bottle. Next release was in 12 oz bottles with a cap...

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#52 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » August 2nd, 2016, 1:16 pm

Oooh! {shudder}
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

patrick c albright
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Old Beer - Results

#53 Post by patrick c albright » August 3rd, 2016, 4:54 am

I just purchased a cellar in the Netherlands with thirty bottles of Cantillon that were purchased from the brewery fifteen years ago:

Lou Pepe, Rosé de Gambrinus, Geuze 100% Lambic, Grand Cru Bruocsella 1999, Kriek.

We will try them when they land and report back.
ITB

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

Old Beer - Results

#54 Post by c fu » August 3rd, 2016, 9:57 am

patrick c albright wrote:I just purchased a cellar in the Netherlands with thirty bottles of Cantillon that were purchased from the brewery fifteen years ago:

Lou Pepe, Rosé de Gambrinus, Geuze 100% Lambic, Grand Cru Bruocsella 1999, Kriek.

We will try them when they land and report back.
fantastic!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

Daniel Green

Old Beer - Results

#55 Post by Daniel Green » August 16th, 2016, 12:50 pm

This is interesting, thanks for sharing man! Im also a beer lover haha..

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

Old Beer - Results

#56 Post by Robert M yers » August 24th, 2016, 11:16 pm

That's an awesome score Patrick please let us know how they show for you.

IM drinking a 2013 Thirsty Dog Siberian Knight BBA I found as a stray in my cellar. This is sort of a regional beer that is well regarded pretty much for the BBA stuff. This beer just hasn't budged in the least, I'm not sure I'd pick it blind from the new release, so if your looking for any development it's probably going to take a decade. With so many BBA beers these days it's no longer something to seek, but if your ever in Ohio it's a good one to look out for.

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#57 Post by PaulMills » November 12th, 2016, 7:20 pm

I had the opportunity to try a 2007 and 2008 N'Ice Chouffe tonight. The 2007 was too carmelized for my tastes, but the 2008 was very nice.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

P. D e r d e y n

Old Beer - Results

#58 Post by P. D e r d e y n » November 21st, 2016, 1:46 pm

I've got a vertical of Anchor Christmas running back to 2011. Plan to try all 6 together at some point over the holidays and will report back.
Patrick

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#59 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » August 9th, 2017, 10:56 pm

2012 Wells & Young - "Courage" Russian Imperial Stout

It's still excellent, although perhaps not quite as good as it used to be. Two more bottles to go.

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#60 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » August 21st, 2017, 2:38 pm

Had a 4.5 yo. bottle of The Kernel - Imperial Brown Stout this weekend. Smelled and tasted aged without being too old. For my preferences, however, this was probably at its best one or two years ago.

The more I drink aged Imperial Stouts, the more I'm finding that my *general* ageing sweet spot for these beers is 2 - 3 years. Some of the BBAS, however, I'm finding I prefer with more age on them. Perhaps this will be the year I crack my last '09 Bourbon County ... [bye.gif]

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#61 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » August 24th, 2017, 9:26 pm

2014 Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (8/24/2017)
Still has nice carbonation. Black color; fine-bubbled tan head. Obvious oatmeal creamy roasty flavor. The bourbon barrel ageing regimen is obvious on the Nose, but is just barely noticeable on the palate. A true lightweight at 8.5% abv., for a BBAS. I'm enjoying this more now than before --- it still has that high acidity, but it's somewhat tamed now. In a good spot. Drink now.

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#62 Post by PaulMills » September 5th, 2017, 5:42 pm

Last night I had another 2014 Cease & Desist, aged in Bordeaux barrels. I am off and on with these, sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I do not. I do not think it is bottle variation, just my mood.

C Chen

Old Beer - Results

#63 Post by C Chen » September 8th, 2017, 11:48 am

2013 and 2014 Black Tuesdays were damn good.

2013 Russian River sours (Supplication, Beatification, Consecration, Temptation) were faded and disappointing.

2013 Remy's Pappy was an oxidized mess :(

All bottles were all purchased upon release by a friend, stored in a 55 degree cellar.
curt1S ch3N

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#64 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 8th, 2017, 5:06 pm

recently had a 2014 RRBC "Supplication" that was good but on its downslope. Sweet spot for RRBC sours seems to be 1 - 2 years old.

Joe Hauck

Old Beer - Results

#65 Post by Joe Hauck » September 8th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:recently had a 2014 RRBC "Supplication" that was good but on its downslope. Sweet spot for RRBC sours seems to be 1 - 2 years old.
I'm in big trouble then. I have a mixed case that goes back to the bottling codes, before the dating years.
One of the few good things about modern times " if you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." Kurt Vonnegut

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#66 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 10th, 2017, 11:18 am

You should crack into that case, Joe. YMMV, but what if it doesn't? ...

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#67 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 28th, 2018, 10:32 pm

2015 Alesmith Brewing Speedway Stout - USA, California, South Coast, San Diego County (1/28/2018)
-- 750mL under crown cap --
-- 01/15/15 bottling --

Sweet chocolate and mild-medium coffee on the Nose. Dense brown/black color. Hard pour required to achieve any head. Man-oh-man has this aged well! Bitter coffee notes mixed with dark chocolate; very smooth; the bottle age has brought forth some pleasant sweet tones, but this isn't yet old enough to be at that stage where liver/iron notes are present (and I'm quite okay with that). Superb. Terribly underrated brew. 10/10.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#68 Post by Andrew Kotowski » January 29th, 2018, 10:57 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:2015 Alesmith Brewing Speedway Stout - USA, California, South Coast, San Diego County (1/28/2018)
-- 750mL under crown cap --
-- 01/15/15 bottling --

Sweet chocolate and mild-medium coffee on the Nose. Dense brown/black color. Hard pour required to achieve any head. Man-oh-man has this aged well! Bitter coffee notes mixed with dark chocolate; very smooth; the bottle age has brought forth some pleasant sweet tones, but this isn't yet old enough to be at that stage where liver/iron notes are present (and I'm quite okay with that). Superb. Terribly underrated brew. 10/10.
Agree 100% Most of the coffee stouts are produced seasonally, but this one is available year round and remarkably consistent. Love it.

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#69 Post by PaulMills » January 30th, 2018, 5:28 pm

A couple of weeks ago I opened a 2010 and 2017 Bells Expedition Stout. Both were fantastic but the 2010 was much more balanced and the bitterness of the coffee has faded

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

Old Beer - Results

#70 Post by Robert M yers » January 30th, 2018, 8:18 pm

PaulMills wrote:A couple of weeks ago I opened a 2010 and 2017 Bells Expedition Stout. Both were fantastic but the 2010 was much more balanced and the bitterness of the coffee has faded
Not so odd that 2010 had no coffee flavors but that the 17 did?

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#71 Post by PaulMills » January 31st, 2018, 5:18 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
PaulMills wrote:A couple of weeks ago I opened a 2010 and 2017 Bells Expedition Stout. Both were fantastic but the 2010 was much more balanced and the bitterness of the coffee has faded
Not so odd that 2010 had no coffee flavors but that the 17 did?
Yes, at least in my opinion. Why do you feel that it is odd? I will have to open another ‘17 this weekend for more research.

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

Old Beer - Results

#72 Post by Robert M yers » January 31st, 2018, 9:40 pm

Well it’s not a coffee stout is it? Not that you couldn’t pick up those flavors of course and I’m assuming that’s what you meant. I went to the Bells website, but all I learned was that a bottle has 375 calories, wow. I really like Expedition and have some going back to 2012 in the cellar that I plan to let go a long time.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#73 Post by Andrew Kotowski » February 1st, 2018, 8:33 am

From my experience, coffee stouts lose a lot of their bitterness/coffee flavor after the first year or two. I've never gone more than 3 years, but most of the ones I've had (and I've had a ton) are really coffee-forward in year one, drop off a cliff in year two and have most of the coffee notes completely fading out by year three.

That said, man I miss my coffee stouts. I packed back a couple of Fremont KDS's in Nov, but they're long gone. Cool thing is that I have a stash in the Bay Area that I'll eventually be able to drain and post notes here on :D

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#74 Post by Michae1 P0wers » March 14th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:From my experience, coffee stouts lose a lot of their bitterness/coffee flavor after the first year or two. I've never gone more than 3 years, but most of the ones I've had (and I've had a ton) are really coffee-forward in year one, drop off a cliff in year two and have most of the coffee notes completely fading out by year three.

That said, man I miss my coffee stouts. I packed back a couple of Fremont KDS's in Nov, but they're long gone. Cool thing is that I have a stash in the Bay Area that I'll eventually be able to drain and post notes here on :D
That's an interesting observation. I often dislike coffee stouts (not all) because the coffee bitterness tastes like coffee grounds to me. I always assumed that it was over-extracted in some way, because there are many examples where I don't find this. For instance, I have never cared for the Founders coffee stouts, despised the Ballast Point coffee beers (just kind of hate BP anyway though), and there are several others that I feel the same about but can't think of at the moment. On the other hand, I really enjoy all of Side Project's coffee beers, 2nd shift, Perennial's offerings, and Prairie. Maybe I should try the ones I've disliked after more age. I'd worry though that the nuances of the coffee fade over time too.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#75 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 2nd, 2018, 12:19 pm

2014 Victory Brewing Company Storm King Imperial Stout - USA, Pennsylvania (6/2/2018)
-- crown-capped 330mL --
-- BB: April 15, 2019 --

NOSE: sweet, aged/quadruple type Nose; almost has a whiskey-type influence, too, despite this not being a BBAS.

BODY: still good carbonation; dark brown-black color; medium-light bodied.

TASTE: clearly aged, but not too much; strong mineral aspect, but still has some nice roastiness to it. Starting to thin-out somewhat. Hides its 9.1% abv. very well. Very pleasant experience.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#76 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 11th, 2018, 7:56 pm

2014 Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper - Bourbon Barrel Aged - USA, California, South Coast, San Diego County (6/10/2018)
In the perfect spot, for my preferences. Still significant roastiness, but that aged sweetness is now present, as well. Hides its alcohol very well.

BenW

Old Beer - Results

#77 Post by BenW » July 5th, 2018, 6:51 am

So earlier this week I went into my local and tucked away in the corner by the stock room is a little sign that says "Lost and Found: Aged Jolly Pumpkin". Apparently the distributor bought a pallet or two a couple of years back and has struggled to move them. My local took them at a steep discount. Anyway, I was able to walk away with six 12x750ml cases for a total of $180 + tax.

- Bam Biere (2014)
- Weizen Bam (2016)
- Madrugada Obscura (2015)
- Luciernaga (2015)
- Io Saison (2015)
- Fuego Del Otono (2016)

I opened a Bam and Luciernaga yesterday with lunch. Both were in great shape. The Luciernaga was explosive when opened but once that settled down it was a light gold, slightly hazy, light, sour and gently spiced. It was a perfect palate cleanser.

The Bam was also very good although a little blander next to the Luciernaga. It did have the advantage of not exploding when opened. Again a little sour and light, tons of sediment. Could probably drink several of these in a session.
B.Williams

Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

Old Beer - Results

#78 Post by Paul Miller » July 5th, 2018, 7:18 am

If storing, should they be kept in a refrigerator, or just a cool, dark place like wine?

BenW

Old Beer - Results

#79 Post by BenW » July 5th, 2018, 7:39 am

Paul Miller wrote:If storing, should they be kept in a refrigerator, or just a cool, dark place like wine?
Cool and dark has worked fine for me. Dark being perhaps even more important than with wine.
B.Williams

Rob Isaacs

Old Beer - Results

#80 Post by Rob Isaacs » July 13th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Paul Miller wrote:If storing, should they be kept in a refrigerator, or just a cool, dark place like wine?
My best experience has been treating them just like wine.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Old Beer - Results

#81 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 11th, 2018, 12:56 am

2009 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout - USA, Illinois (9/9/2018)
This has aged remarkably well. A touch sweeter now than in its youth --- besides that, the age is not particularly noticeable. Perhaps a bit less dry, and a bit more acidic now than before, too. Excellent!

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#82 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 11th, 2018, 12:58 am

2012 Harviestoun Ola Dubh 18 Year - United Kingdom, Scotland, Highlands (9/11/2018)
Best to drink up, for my preferences. Showing moderately aged. I enjoy that I can tell this was aged in whisky barrels, as opposed to bourbon barrels.

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#83 Post by Kris Patten » September 24th, 2018, 8:50 pm

I still have a bunch if Duvel mags, Sam Adam's Triple Bock, and so many others from my days bartending in 1998-2001, I found in my cellar....lord knows if they are good, the Sam Adam's were awful on release. Guess pop and hope is only way to find out.
ITB

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#84 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 24th, 2018, 8:54 pm

You shouldn't hold your breath.

rather, your nose.

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#85 Post by Kris Patten » October 6th, 2018, 8:13 am

Haven't had stones to open any....guess they will just sit there and get better or worse.
ITB

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#86 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » October 28th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Alesmith - Speedway Stout
bottled in February of 2016, if I can read the on-bottle printing correctly.

Still very good. This bottle was helpful because I now know this is a beer that, for my preferences, is at its best 2yo and younger. I guess this means I should get into my two bottles of 2014 sooner rather than later. pileon

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#87 Post by c fu » November 6th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Kris Patten wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 8:50 pm
I still have a bunch if Duvel mags, Sam Adam's Triple Bock, and so many others from my days bartending in 1998-2001, I found in my cellar....lord knows if they are good, the Sam Adam's were awful on release. Guess pop and hope is only way to find out.
barley wine!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#88 Post by Michae1 P0wers » November 7th, 2018, 8:20 am

A local retailer keeps clearing out its Achel and some other Belgians at about a year after the date on the bottle for half price. I bought several single bottles of Achel and I think they might be better at a year+ than on release.

JeromeHan

#89 Post by JeromeHan » November 11th, 2018, 2:58 pm

I wonder why North Coast Old Stock Ale doesn't get as much love. Did a vertical once and was blown away. In many ways.

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#90 Post by Robert M yers » November 11th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Had a Black Butte XXV (2013) this morning. Holding up well, the 12.5% black currant and fig addition we most notable at this point. Really not a heavyweight either. It seems I really miss the lack of carb in old beer though.

BobH

#91 Post by BobH » November 17th, 2018, 7:01 am

Just recently had a 2009 Ommegang Three Philosophers. It was excellent. The beer seems to have a bimodal peak and is best at age 4 and age 9.
hud@k

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#92 Post by Andrew Kotowski » February 12th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Michae1 P0wers wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 12:20 pm
Andrew Kotowski wrote:From my experience, coffee stouts lose a lot of their bitterness/coffee flavor after the first year or two. I've never gone more than 3 years, but most of the ones I've had (and I've had a ton) are really coffee-forward in year one, drop off a cliff in year two and have most of the coffee notes completely fading out by year three.

That's an interesting observation. I often dislike coffee stouts (not all) because the coffee bitterness tastes like coffee grounds to me. I always assumed that it was over-extracted in some way, because there are many examples where I don't find this. For instance, I have never cared for the Founders coffee stouts, despised the Ballast Point coffee beers (just kind of hate BP anyway though), and there are several others that I feel the same about but can't think of at the moment. On the other hand, I really enjoy all of Side Project's coffee beers, 2nd shift, Perennial's offerings, and Prairie. Maybe I should try the ones I've disliked after more age. I'd worry though that the nuances of the coffee fade over time too.
As a check-in -> I'm drinking a Perennial Sump bottled in Jan 2016 and I'm not a fan... and this is usually one of my favorite beers. Could be heat damaged (although the rest of the beers stored with it were not), but the coffee has gone incredibly bitter and the beer has a soy sauce taste to it, with a little iron on the back-end. Just noticed that the bottle says "Coffee is delicate. Please store cold and enjoy with 60 days for ideal flavor and aroma."

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Michae1 P0wers » February 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 12:07 pm

As a check-in -> I'm drinking a Perennial Sump bottled in Jan 2016 and I'm not a fan... and this is usually one of my favorite beers. Could be heat damaged (although the rest of the beers stored with it were not), but the coffee has gone incredibly bitter and the beer has a soy sauce taste to it, with a little iron on the back-end. Just noticed that the bottle says "Coffee is delicate. Please store cold and enjoy with 60 days for ideal flavor and aroma."
Andrew, I had the December 2018 Sump release during the Super Bowl and it was awesome. It doesn't surprise me that they say to drink these young. In general coffee isn't something for aging, best when freshly roasted, best when freshly brewed, so I'd assume the best coffee beers should be for early consumption. I have one left and will drink it this winter sometime. I also have (I believe) one Abraxas from last year's release and two from this year, so I may try to open last year's along with the Sump. Those aren't coffee stouts but the chilis fade over time as well and most seem to advise drinking them young.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#94 Post by Andrew Kotowski » February 12th, 2019, 1:59 pm

I've got an Abraxas from around the same timeframe... will post when I pop it.

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#95 Post by JDavisRoby » February 12th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
March 29th, 2016, 2:49 am
Thinking there should be an archive for beers that are treated with all the care of wine.

The beer that made me post:

2013 prairie bomb

After having the new release tonight of Sunday Morning Stout (awesome too) and being inspired of sorts to compare beers similar (KBS/similar) I popped open a 2013 prairie Bomb. Bomb is not coffee forward at this point but has morphed into a slightly more pepper like beer, its not hot, but wow there's a depth of something brewing under like a deep mole from topolobomco.

This particular bottle was targeted because the blue wax was just disinigratimg (naturally?) In this case the wax maybe wasn't doing anythng as the beer was among the best stouts I've ever had. Imperial Stout heaven really and a big step up complexity wise from the other beers. I hate Hot beers (love hot food) but this thing just burned right.

Who else is drinking Old Beer
Living in Tulsa (original home of Prairie) I’ve been drinking the Bomb! beers for a while. I still have a few in my beer refrigerator that may be original releases. One has gold wax, a couple have red wax and I believe one blue wax. I also have a Christmas Bomb! or at least I think it is.

Do you store these in your cellar? Wine fridge? I keep my beer in a dedicated refrigerator that stays at 40*. Rarely does anything else go in there.
Joshu@

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#96 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » February 12th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Alesmith's Speedway Coffee Stout ages admirably. same with Ballast point's Victory At Sea.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#97 Post by Michae1 P0wers » February 18th, 2019, 9:53 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Alesmith's Speedway Coffee Stout ages admirably. same with Ballast point's Victory At Sea.
Not to criticize taste, which I understand it subjective, but I think Victory at Sea is absolutely disgusting. But then I think Ballast is terrible all around.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#98 Post by Michae1 P0wers » February 18th, 2019, 9:55 am

JDavisRoby wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 3:01 pm
Robert M yers wrote:
Thinking there should be an archive for beers that are treated with all the care of wine.

2013 prairie bomb

After having the new release tonight of Sunday Morning Stout (awesome too) and being inspired of sorts to compare beers similar (KBS/similar) I popped open a 2013 prairie Bomb. Bomb is not coffee forward at this point but has morphed into a slightly more pepper like beer, its not hot, but wow there's a depth of something brewing under like a deep mole from topolobomco.

This particular bottle was targeted because the blue wax was just disinigratimg (naturally?) In this case the wax maybe wasn't doing anythng as the beer was among the best stouts I've ever had. Imperial Stout heaven really and a big step up complexity wise from the other beers. I hate Hot beers (love hot food) but this thing just burned right.

Living in Tulsa (original home of Prairie) I’ve been drinking the Bomb! beers for a while. I still have a few in my beer refrigerator that may be original releases. One has gold wax, a couple have red wax and I believe one blue wax. I also have a Christmas Bomb! or at least I think it is.

Do you store these in your cellar? Wine fridge? I keep my beer in a dedicated refrigerator that stays at 40*. Rarely does anything else go in there.
Big fan of the Prairie Bomb! beers, which are great value too. Here in STL we don't get the big bottles and no wax, just the 12 oz. bottles for about $6-7 which is stellar value in a big stout, and usually I appreciate the smaller size because how often do I really need 750 ml of 13% stout? I didn't particularly enjoy the Christmas version though, or at least this year's which is the only one I've tried.

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#99 Post by Robert M yers » February 20th, 2019, 10:56 am

JDavisRoby wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 3:01 pm
Robert M yers wrote:

2013 prairie bomb

I keep mine in my cellar, which is kind of like a root cellar. Seems to be 40ish in the winter to low 50’s in the summer. The downside is some bottles get pretty dirty over the years.

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#100 Post by Robert M yers » March 17th, 2019, 9:25 am

Popped a 2014 Jackie O’s Jackie O’s Bourbon BLack Maple. It’s lost 90% of its carb, but is still vibrant yet showing mostly the Maple on the nose not bourbon. Not sweet though and not really aged either. Perfectly fine but not horribly interesting either. Falls in line with many aged BB stouts from the age bracket.

Return to “Beer and Spirits”