Any good beer near Fayette, ME?

Gonna be in Fayette, Maine for the next week ---- family vacation. Closest “big” city is Augusta. Any breweries, bars, or stores worth going to in the area? (let’s call “the area” a 45 min radius from Fayette).

Portland is 70 mins according to google but would be totally worth it. You could visit Allagash, Bissell, Bunker, Foundation, Maine Beer Co, Oxbow all around Portland. Novare Res for beer bar would set you straight.

Actually Maine Beer Co is further north of Portland in Freeport. Just under 60 minutes from Fayette.

Cool. thanks, guys. [drinkers.gif]

About to stop at a place called The Lighthouse near Augusta. Allegedly, they have a good craft beer selection.

I’m hoping that Novare Red can happen sometime this week, too.

My buddy from Boston who is joining us brought a good grip of excellent NE IPA with, and the ones we’ve tried so far have been superb … pics forthcoming.

If you do make it to Portland, you’ll find much more interesting retail shopping there (although The Lighthouse is great for the Augusta area). I often find beers that are allocated and sell out very quickly in my market just sitting on store shelves in Portland. I’m not saying you will necessarily find anything super rare, but the selections at RSVP and Bier Cellar (conveniently right near each other) are fantastic.

10 min away from lunch at Novare Res! :slight_smile:

Nice! You’ll like Novare Res.