Louisville

My wife will be working in Louisville for the next couple of months. I’ll have the opportunity to visit, and she’s not one to turn down a sniff of whiskey herself.

Any great whiskey bars to go to?

Stores to buy bottles to bring home?

Luckily most decent restaurants in Louisville will have plenty of good bourbons to choose from. Our favorites to belly up at the bar include Rye on Market and Proof on Main. Both are downtown and also do a great job in the kitchen as well. If old school is more your speed then the Seelbach Bar or the Hotel Lobby bar at The Brown Hotel. The Silver Dollar may also be a good choice.

As far as retail goes Westport Whiskey and Wine and Top Hat Liquors are my usual spots. The Fall releases are around the corner so if you time it just right you might find something really interesting. But as you know most of the good stuff is sold before or as it hits the shelves.

Liquor Barn is the big box liquor store in the area. They usually have some good stuff.

I think this location has the tasting bar: 3420 Fern Valley Rd, Louisville, KY

All of hte ones in Lexington have it. The Liquor Barn in Lexington on Man o War Blvd was our favorite. Great selection, Pappy’s by the glass. Yum

Here is a great list of bars:

We were in Louisville a few months ago and had a great time.

Many thanks.

I’d also suggest checking out Haymarket at least once.