Best Vodka

What is the best vodka?

The one that is on offer, even in a martini it makes little difference.

(and a vodka martini is a porr second best anyway).

It does make a difference, although a Martini is gin and a Vodka Martini is a variant of a Martini.

For a “Vodka Martini” (I usually like Gin but Vodka at times) I have not experimented widely but prefer:

1. Gray Goose. Although the bottle is the same funny shape as Belvedere, I’ve done blind tastings and prefer the GG a lot!

2. Ketel One. A nice spicy note that sometimes I prefer.

For other cocktails, depending on the cocktail, it often doesn’t matter much and I like Absolut and Stoli

My preferences are Belvedere and Tito’s. Belevedere is made from rye, and I tend to like rye whisky and rye beers. So that may be why I prefer it. Tito’s is by far the best bang for the buck, IMO.

In Michigan, Grand Traverse Distillery makes some really good vodka.

Also the master distiller at Buffalo Trace - Harlen Wheatley has a new one out in his own name. Wheatley Vodka. Quite good.

I like Ketel best. Belvedere is good too. Tito’s has grown on me due to good pricing. Stoli still okay when super cheap.

We are fortunate here in Vermont and get an excellent vodka from Barr Hill. They also make a good gin

I use Belvedere for on the rocks with blue cheese olives.
Use Tito’s and Ketel One for Bloody Mary’s.
Use Grey Goose and Stoli for the fruity drinks my gf loves.

Stoli Gold) (used to be Stoli Cristal)

He is tall.

Grey Goose for me. And Ketel One because that’s all my friend drinks.

How do people drink Vodka? Its been years since I have had any in the house. I can’t think of any cocktails I really enjoy that feature it.

Bloody Mary. That’s it.

Or, you can us it to sanitize a wound.

That makes two uses for vodka. Bourbon has only one: cask seasoning for Whisky.

Vodka is for baking pie crusts.

I buy Absolut just because 25 years ago they were the only liquor brand that would advertise in the gay press (everyone else was afraid their brand would be contaminated).

Shots. Apparently, vodka cocktails are girly and real men have gin.

I hate to say it, but Jewel of Russia Ultra is the best I’ve tasted.

I like Tito’s almost as much, so great!

I also like Hangar 1 because it’s Norcal based. (Only the straight, I don’t like infused vodkas so much.)

Vodka Cocktails?

Ignoring Jello Shots and the obvious Bloody Mary

Ginger Lemon Drop:
2 parts vodka
1/2 part Domain Canton Ginger Liqueur
1 part Lemon Juice
1/2 part simply syrup or Agave Nectar
Sugared Rim
Served up

or the simpler:

Lemon Drop
2 parts vodka
1/2 part Cointreau
2/3 parts lemon juice
sugared rim
served up

We use it several ways:

Vodka martini (I like gin for many things, but for this application I choose vodka)
Steep chili peppers in vodka until very spicy, then sip neat, chase with pickled veg
Bloody Mary

Not sure what you’d call it but: Stigl Radler + vodka + grapefruit juice.

A better question is what anyone is doing drinking Stigl Radler without adding alcohol. That stuff is like 2%. I suppose it was invented for cyclists though.

While I commend their courage in a less-enlightened era, I find Absolut to strongly resemble rubbing alcohol!

Since I never drink the stuff it doesn’t really matter :slight_smile: