Best Scotch Under $100

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Edward H. Earles

Re: Best Scotch Under $100

#51 Post by Edward H. Earles » January 4th, 2019, 11:41 am

Al Osterheld wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 8:12 pm
The truth is there are plenty of people who don't like oaky Cabernets but who do enjoy Islay whiskies and are even able to detect the underlying flavors and intricacies.

-Al
That would be me. Don't like oak in wine (and just cannot tolerate it at all in a white), but love Islays, and am happy with an oaky Bourbon.

Al Osterheld

#52 Post by Al Osterheld » January 4th, 2019, 12:12 pm

You can count me among those who dislike heavy oak in wine but have no problem with Islay whisky. Also, I don't consider most Lagavulin or Laphroaig, among others, to be "ultra-peated" at all, certainly not in comparison with the Octomore monsters and that ilk which can smell like crime scenes, and which I do not enjoy. I usually find heavily oaked wine to be out of balance, whereas judicious peat does not throw great whisky out of balance, for me. Some old Ardbegs, for instance, are some of the greatest whiskies of all times, with beautiful balance and stunning complexity. And plenty of peat.
You were one of the Scotch drinkers who came to mind. I haven't tried Octomore, they sound like the equivalent of some of the beers from the ultra-hoppy, top this IPA wars. To me, Laphroaig's signature note isn't so much peat as the briny seaweed and iodine.

-Al

Al Osterheld

#53 Post by Al Osterheld » January 4th, 2019, 12:14 pm

That would be me. Don't like oak in wine (and just cannot tolerate it at all in a white), but love Islays, and am happy with an oaky Bourbon.
To me, the peat in a whisky is more transparent than heavy oak in a wine. I like some Bourbon, but generally prefer Scotch in part because of the oak in the former. But, it's just my preference.

-Al

John Osburn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#54 Post by John Osburn » January 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 10:36 am

You can count me among those who dislike heavy oak in wine but have no problem with Islay whisky. Also, I don't consider most Lagavulin or Laphroaig, among others, to be "ultra-peated" at all, certainly not in comparison with the Octomore monsters and that ilk which can smell like crime scenes, and which I do not enjoy. I usually find heavily oaked wine to be out of balance, whereas judicious peat does not throw great whisky out of balance, for me. Some old Ardbegs, for instance, are some of the greatest whiskies of all times, with beautiful balance and stunning complexity. And plenty of peat.
Love the bolded line above!

I am also in this camp; transparency is quite different between the two. For Islay and other regions to a lesser extent, peat is also terroir whereas oak is normally not.

And Al nails it on Laphroiag; once you get out of the car at the distillery parking lot by their little cove, you immediately understand exactly why Laphroaig smells and tastes as it does. flirtysmile

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by M.Kaplan » January 4th, 2019, 1:35 pm

John Osburn wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:

I am also in this camp; transparency is quite different between the two. For Islay and other regions to a lesser extent, peat is also terroir whereas oak is normally not.

And Al nails it on Laphroiag; once you get out of the car at the distillery parking lot by their little cove, you immediately understand exactly why Laphroaig smells and tastes as it does. flirtysmile
+3, in bolded Ardbeg green. Distillery character varies quite a bit, attributable in no small way to peat: Ardbeg/creosote, Laphroaig/turfy and earthy, Lagavulin/campfire, Talisker/pepper.

In my opinion, some Islay whiskies have lost much of their distillery character since they (mostly) abandoned their own floor maltings and use purchased Port Ellen malt. As a result, young Islay whiskies from Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Octomore are often largely indistinguishable from one another and lack their historic terroir/distillery character.
---Mark

Barry L i p t o n

#56 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 4th, 2019, 2:08 pm

How about some non oaky non peaty recommendations?

John Osburn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#57 Post by John Osburn » January 4th, 2019, 2:14 pm

M.Kaplan wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 1:35 pm
John Osburn wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:

+3, in bolded Ardbeg green. Distillery character varies quite a bit, attributable in no small way to peat: Ardbeg/creosote, Laphroaig/turfy and earthy, Lagavulin/campfire, Talisker/pepper.

In my opinion, some Islay whiskies have lost much of their distillery character since they (mostly) abandoned their own floor maltings and use purchased Port Ellen malt. As a result, young Islay whiskies from Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Octomore are often largely indistinguishable from one another and lack their historic terroir/distillery character.
Sadly true. It's almost like using the same grapes that everyone else uses, fermented in the same winery with the same yeast....

Doug Schulman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#58 Post by Doug Schulman » January 4th, 2019, 3:31 pm

I see that this was an old thread, but it seems like a good place for this comment. It's always odd to me when people ask for Scotch suggestions for gifts, without knowing the recipient's preferences, and there are inevitable suggestions for peaty Islay whiskies. I absolutely hate Lagavulin, Laphroaig, etc., and MANY people who like lots of other Scotch are in the same boat. Those whiskies are undrinkable to me and to many other people who are far more sensitive to those flavors than the people recommending them. Maybe it's the retailer in me, but I can't help thinking there's a very significant chance that the recipient of such a Scotch would be extremely unhappy with it.
ITB - retail sales and education

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#59 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » January 4th, 2019, 4:08 pm

This aligns with my POV...and count me as a JWB fan.

“There is a paradigm that has been established over the past two decades in mature markets like Japan, the U.K., and the U.S. that malts are good and blends are bad. Which clearly is not true,” says Dave Broom, a prolific whisky writer and author of a book called Whisky: the Manual.

There are a few issues contributing to this perception, the first being that many people don’t understand the difference between blended scotch and single malts and what each brings to the table.

Comparing scotch blends with malts is like comparing apples and oranges. They are not supposed to be the same. A single malt is made with malted barley in pot stills at a single distillery. The goal is to achieve very distinctive flavors and nuances that exemplify a single distillery’s style. A blended scotch whisky is made by combining several single malts with wheat and/or corn whiskies in column stills. The goal is to create a smooth and versatile product that allows various styles of whisky to dance harmoniously together in a glass. In a blend, the grain is as important as the malt. It is the “glue that holds often flaky single malts together,” as Broom puts it.”
CT: BigTex22

Edward H. Earles

#60 Post by Edward H. Earles » January 4th, 2019, 5:24 pm

I cannot recall ever tasting a blend that satisfied me sufficiently, that I wanted to acquire more of it. They all strike me as bland and homogenous.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#61 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 4th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Compass box makes some pretty interesting blends.

RichardFlack
GCC Member
GCC Member

#62 Post by RichardFlack » January 4th, 2019, 5:54 pm

One thing we haven’t discussed is water.
Are people drinking these neat or with a few drops of water?
A classic demonstration is Laphroaig 10 yr, neat is all iodine and peat, but a little water has huge mellowing effect opening up violets on the nose.
Some comments here make me wonder if some are taking these neat.

RichardFlack
GCC Member
GCC Member

#63 Post by RichardFlack » January 4th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 4:08 pm
This aligns with my POV...and count me as a JWB fan.

“There is a paradigm that has been established over the past two decades in mature markets like Japan, the U.K., and the U.S. that malts are good and blends are bad. Which clearly is not true,” says Dave Broom, a prolific whisky writer and author of a book called Whisky: the Manual.

There are a few issues contributing to this perception, the first being that many people don’t understand the difference between blended scotch and single malts and what each brings to the table.

Comparing scotch blends with malts is like comparing apples and oranges. They are not supposed to be the same. A single malt is made with malted barley in pot stills at a single distillery. The goal is to achieve very distinctive flavors and nuances that exemplify a single distillery’s style. A blended scotch whisky is made by combining several single malts with wheat and/or corn whiskies in column stills. The goal is to create a smooth and versatile product that allows various styles of whisky to dance harmoniously together in a glass. In a blend, the grain is as important as the malt. It is the “glue that holds often flaky single malts together,” as Broom puts it.”
Sort of a little like Bordeaux vs say Varoetal Cab Sauv.

Al Osterheld

#64 Post by Al Osterheld » January 4th, 2019, 8:39 pm

RichardFlack wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:54 pm
One thing we haven’t discussed is water.
Are people drinking these neat or with a few drops of water?
A classic demonstration is Laphroaig 10 yr, neat is all iodine and peat, but a little water has huge mellowing effect opening up violets on the nose.
Some comments here make me wonder if some are taking these neat.
I tend to do a little of both, especially until I get a handle on the particular Scotch. I start out neat, then add a splash.

-Al

Al Osterheld

#65 Post by Al Osterheld » January 4th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Doug Schulman wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 3:31 pm
I see that this was an old thread, but it seems like a good place for this comment. It's always odd to me when people ask for Scotch suggestions for gifts, without knowing the recipient's preferences, and there are inevitable suggestions for peaty Islay whiskies. I absolutely hate Lagavulin, Laphroaig, etc., and MANY people who like lots of other Scotch are in the same boat. Those whiskies are undrinkable to me and to many other people who are far more sensitive to those flavors than the people recommending them. Maybe it's the retailer in me, but I can't help thinking there's a very significant chance that the recipient of such a Scotch would be extremely unhappy with it.
That's a valid comment. In this particular thread, the original poster got some good suggestions early and bowed out at post #9. Personally, I would probably have gone with the Springbank. There were (and have continued to be) numerous warnings that peaty whiskys may not be a good choice without knowing anything about the recipient's taste.

After that, the thread (like most threads) spawned some side discussions. Anyone who reads the thread for Scotch suggestions may find the discussion useful, because they may know something about the recipient's taste if it's for a gift, or may be intrigued if it's for themselves, and they'll have the frequent warnings about peat in any case.

-Al

Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member

#66 Post by Alan Rath » January 5th, 2019, 10:07 am

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 2:08 pm
How about some non oaky non peaty recommendations?
Not sure if I'm allowed to express an opinion here, but I'll chime in: Springbank has been mentioned, that's one I like (though it's not "non" oak/peat). Try the 15, if you're willing to go that high. There are a number of unpeated versions: I have a Caol Ila that is labeled as unpeated, which I love. I'm a big Mortlach fan (though from what I understand, things have changed there, and the actual Mortlach branded bottles are now quite expensive). I had a Mortlach 16, bought there in 2001, that I only rediscovered and drank a couple of years ago, and it was great. The Gordon-MacPhail 15 bottling is very good to my tastes. Again, none of these (except if actually labeled unpeated) will show no signs, but they are quite a bit less than the L-word whiskies I won't mention again.

I've been to several local distilleries in California and Reno where it was possible to sample completely naked, unpeated, un-charred whiskey. It's very interesting to try those and be able to taste the underlying character of the actual spirit, without the added mask of oak and peat. All I'm saying is that I encourage anyone who hasn't done that to try it, and compare to the more "made up" versions, decide what suit your tastes.

ERPark

#67 Post by ERPark » January 5th, 2019, 11:23 am

Alan Rath wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 10:07 am
Not sure if I'm allowed to express an opinion here
The answer would always be a resounding NO, Mr. Alan "Hot Take™" Rath........ neener
GEN3

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#68 Post by Michae1 P0wers » January 5th, 2019, 12:13 pm

I agree that unless you know someone likes Islay, or is adventurous enough to at least maybe enjoy it, it's a risky gift. I recently received a bottle of Aberlour as a gift and was pleasantly surprised. Something like A'bunadh is a bit sherry bomb, but probably still less risky than peaty Scotches, which can invoke somewhat visceral reactions. That's just my opinion though. Obviously there's a ton of nice options out there which are more down the middle and therefore involve less risk as gifts.

Alan I remember liking Mortlach but prices seem to be way up so I haven't tried one in a while.

Barry L i p t o n

#69 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 5th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Macallan gets no love here? I find Macallan 18 to be my favorite.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#70 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 5th, 2019, 3:58 pm

It's great, but like $250/bottle. Classic cut or one of the editions might be a good gift for < $100.

Edward H. Earles

#71 Post by Edward H. Earles » January 5th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Yeah, I agree. MacAllan 18 all day if someone else is buying.

Sarah Kirschbaum

#72 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » January 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Not from me. I haven't found anything they've made appealing in a long time, even when price is no object.

Edward H. Earles

#73 Post by Edward H. Earles » January 5th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Doesn't seem to be much mention of Highland Park here. Why is that?

The Signatory bottling of Highland Park that was released a few years ago was extraordinary.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#74 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 5th, 2019, 5:45 pm

It’s a solid scotch; hp18 should be on the short list for gifts.

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#75 Post by Jim Stewart » January 5th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Tough question. As a Scotch drinker the intended recipient probably already has their own ideas about the "best" Scotch under $100. Assuming the recipient has probably checked out the "usual suspects", I'll suggest something a little bit, but not too far, out of the mainstream - the Balvenie 14 Carribean Cask. Nice Scotch with a pleasant hint of rum vanilla and toffee. A bit sweet but not too. Non-peaty. FWIW.

Karen Troisi
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#76 Post by Karen Troisi » January 5th, 2019, 6:11 pm

This was delicious!
Attachments
E00A609C-A575-4D1F-AAE6-57CF11742215.jpeg
ITB - You should only make wines you love to drink.

Barry L i p t o n

#77 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 5th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Barry L i p t o n wrote:
Not from me. I haven't found anything they've made appealing in a long time, even when price is no object.
Do you like any non peaty non oaky scotches?

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#78 Post by M.Kaplan » January 5th, 2019, 9:05 pm

1978 18 year old bottled in ‘96/7 and 1979 18 year old Gran Riserva bottled in ‘97/8 were the last great Macallan whiskies. After those, two things happened: Owenersip started juicing the cashflow in anticipation of selling and, related, their sherry cask selection, which had been among if not the best, sucked to the degree that they started bottling that Fine Oak nonsense. As we can point to 1977 as the last great Ardbeg distillate, we can point to 1978/9 as the last great Macallan distillate.
---Mark

Sarah Kirschbaum

#79 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » January 6th, 2019, 7:09 am

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 7:58 pm
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Barry L i p t o n wrote:
Do you like any non peaty non oaky scotches?

Yes.

I like a great many non-peaty scotches. I've enjoyed some Bunnahabhain, and that's about as low as peat gets (~1-2PPM). I like a lot of Springbank very much, which is also quite low at 7-8 PPM. Some Highland Park whiskies, particularly a few of the single casks, have been delicious recently and they come in around 20 PPM, though (as it was explained to me) that is heather peat and not gorse peat, so the perception is softer. Most people do not consider HPs to be peaty. For reference, Lagavulin is around 35 - 40. Note that all of these are rough numbers because they can change based on peat source and other factors.

I don't entirely understand what you mean by oaky scotches in this context, as I don't think any of the scotches I have mentioned liking in this thread so far are "oaky," so this part of the question is an obvious 'yes' to me as well. As an aside, though I don't think of the Lagavulin and Laphraoig or Ardbegs I have mentioned so far as oaky, I do like some that are more so. I've recently enjoyed some Mannochmore bottlings from SMWS that are first fill bourbon cask and show that papaya, vanilla, spice, characteristic of their barrel treatment. It can work, sometimes, though it isn't my go-to cask type. The important thing is that all of these are, at least to me, in balance. Cask treatment is difficult. Sadly, I think most distilleries have become sloppy and cheap, or are trying to replace making good whisky with "wood science," something that Macallan is guilty of. The Fine Oak (or whatever the new name is) are woody and undrinkable to me.

One more note - if by 'oaky' we're talking about being left in wood too long so you are essentially drinking the cask, not the whisky - I NEVER like those.

Overall, I like a broad range of scotch, and can tolerate a number of different strong elements, provided the whisky is in balance. What different people perceive as balance will, of course, vary. And some people don't like it at all! :)

Barry L i p t o n

#80 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 6th, 2019, 11:23 am

I don’t know which bottling it was but I found Highland Park 18 oaky last week.

But I’ll need to do some comparative tastings given that one of my favorites (d’Abundah) was called a sherry bomb, and in general, I don’t like any bombs.

But clear to me I love Macallan 18 and dislike Laguvillan 16. )and I avoid Macallan fine oak)

K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member

#81 Post by K John Joseph » January 7th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 3:58 pm
It's great, but like $250/bottle. Classic cut or one of the editions might be a good gift for < $100.
HP 18 is like $135 in Dallas. And readily available. I'll jump on that for close to half the price of Mac 18, which I have a couple of times a year, typically on someone else's dime or celebrating a big hit in court. Fun, but steep and not qualitatively on par with the price hike.
J0hn-J-K4ne

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#82 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 7th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Mac18 is like 199 from some online places but def has gone up in price, although not as much as the Japanese stuff.

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#83 Post by M.Kaplan » January 7th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 11:23 am

But I’ll need to do some comparative tastings given that one of my favorites (d’Abundah) was called a sherry bomb, and in general, I don’t like any bombs.

But clear to me I love Macallan 18 and dislike Laguvillan 16. )and I avoid Macallan fine oak)
Please describe 'oaky' regarding HP 18. I find that HP 18 suffers from poor sherry cask (sulphur/rubber/matchstick), which is unfortunately very common these days. I am very sensitive to and have no tolerance for sulphur in whisky and consider it a disqualifying flaw.

A'bunadh is always aged in first-fill Oloroso sherry butts.
---Mark

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#84 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » January 7th, 2019, 3:22 pm

25 one ounce shots in a 750ml bottle of scotch. Even if it’s a $250 bottle, a terrific value when compared to what most of us spend on wine. Just sayin’...
CT: BigTex22

Sarah Kirschbaum

#85 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » January 7th, 2019, 5:53 pm

M.Kaplan wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:08 pm
Barry L i p t o n wrote:

Please describe 'oaky' regarding HP 18. I find that HP 18 suffers from poor sherry cask (sulphur/rubber/matchstick), which is unfortunately very common these days. I am very sensitive to and have no tolerance for sulphur in whisky and consider it a disqualifying flaw.

I don't think I've ever had an A'bunadh. Should I?

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#86 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 8th, 2019, 8:42 am

I'm not a fan of A'bunadh. I find it very harsh, even with water. FWIW, I am a fan of Aberlour, generally.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member

#87 Post by RyanC » January 8th, 2019, 8:47 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 8:42 am
I'm not a fan of A'bunadh. I find it very harsh, even with water. FWIW, I am a fan of Aberlour, generally.
Agree. A'bunadh always strikes me as unbalanced fire water.
C@ughey

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#88 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 8th, 2019, 10:55 am

Abundah is very different based on batch # imo

Barry L i p t o n

#89 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 8th, 2019, 1:05 pm

M.Kaplan wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 3:08 pm
Barry L i p t o n wrote:

Oaky like a Don Julio 1942. But I only had it once. I can try it again to see if matchstick is what I taste.

I think you are saying HP18 is flawed to your tastes, and A’bundah is not?

I only drin A’bundah with a splash of water.
Last edited by Barry L i p t o n on January 8th, 2019, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry L i p t o n

#90 Post by Barry L i p t o n » January 8th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Dupe

BlaineRyanHunt

#91 Post by BlaineRyanHunt » January 20th, 2019, 10:09 pm

I agree with Highland Park being too sulphury. I like all the other components, but the sulphur is distracting to the point of being unenjoyable.

Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member

#92 Post by Alan Rath » January 24th, 2019, 8:49 am

Have a Dalmore 15 open now, second sample last night. It's solid, but unexciting. Lower on the peat scale, fairly smooth, but lacks some complexity and length. It's a pretty bottle, though.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 24th, 2019, 9:43 am

King Alexander III is one of the few I haven't tried.

Edward H. Earles

#94 Post by Edward H. Earles » January 26th, 2019, 10:32 am

BlaineRyanHunt wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 10:09 pm
I agree with Highland Park being too sulphury. I like all the other components, but the sulphur is distracting to the point of being unenjoyable.
I've had a lot of HP, and have never once detected a Sulphury note.

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#95 Post by M.Kaplan » January 26th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Edward H. Earles wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:32 am
BlaineRyanHunt wrote:
HP has fallen prey to poor sherry cask selection, as have many/most distilleries over the past 25+ years. HP 12 and 18 have been pretty egregious during that period.

https://www.whiskyandwisdom.com/the-sti ... t-sulphur/

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/opini ... h-sulphur/
---Mark

jordan whitehead

#96 Post by jordan whitehead » January 27th, 2019, 11:03 am

Edward H. Earles wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:32 am
BlaineRyanHunt wrote:
me either and it's one of my favorites. 18yr is under $100 in the Caribbean. 15 is under $100 in the US
www.annaswish.org

Scott Butler

#97 Post by Scott Butler » February 1st, 2019, 5:51 am

K John Joseph wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 3:15 pm
Good lord I need to check thread activity dates.
HAHA! Yeh, I was getting ready to reply and just barely noticed this is 4 years old.
WOTY:61 Chateau Verdignan

K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member

#98 Post by K John Joseph » February 1st, 2019, 7:18 am

Alan Rath wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 8:49 am
Have a Dalmore 15 open now, second sample last night. It's solid, but unexciting. Lower on the peat scale, fairly smooth, but lacks some complexity and length. It's a pretty bottle, though.
It's a sweet smooth scotch. It has almost no peat and smoke aroma and is all toffee and fruitcake and spiced rum raisin. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a breeze to drink on a cold night and just the scotch that many fringe scotch drinkers would probably find quite divine. It's just not a super scotchy scotch.
J0hn-J-K4ne

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#99 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 1st, 2019, 7:21 am

Anyone try the king Alexander 3 lately?

victor jay

#100 Post by victor jay » March 21st, 2019, 9:28 am

Recently tried Highland Park 12, imo its superior to JW Black, on par with Mccallan 15, but only around $50

Return to “Beer and Spirits”