BEST thing about ClubBev....Pappy's 23yr for $279.99!!

I guess Bevmo gets a fair share of the Pappy collection…and sends out an email to its loyal ClubBev members(go ahead and laugh!) neener …an offer of the current collection. You respond to which bottles you are interested in(DUH ALL)… and they later do a lottery of some sort and let you know if you are a lucky one to be able to purchase a bottle, at I guess is reg pricing?
Well…got an offer for the 23…at $279.99! [wow.gif] Jumped all over that sucker! So much looking forward to my first taste of Pappys…might as well start at the top!

Anyone else get an offer?

Not yet.

Honestly, for what’s it going for these days I would sell it and buy a bottle of bourbon for around a $100 that tastes as good. Pocket your thousands.

You know, there is a Beer & Spirits forum Buzz, come and join us. Congrats on your score!

Nice. Another boubon buddy of mine got the 20. I got nothing. :frowning:. Can’t complain tho, was able to get bottles over the years before Pappy jumped the shark. Pop it and enjoy it.

Got shut out just like with the Buffalo Trace release. Disappointing after having a good relationship with my local BevMo, getting a couple bottles each year from them to enjoy. Nature of the beast, hope the hype dies soon so the drinkers can get back to it. Congrats to those that won a bottle, enjoy it or sell it and buy something else to enjoy!

Here’s a tip for those that didn’t make it…

Bevmo did the same lottery system in AZ for the BTAC. Many people signed up and got selected to purchase bottles but they never showed. After a month of sitting in the back room, Bevmo put the unclaimed bottles on the floor for anyone off the street.

If you didn’t get one, it might be worth checking every couple weeks to see if all the bottles have been picked up.

This is really strange. I received the “Sorry, you were not successful in securing a bottle” email from BevMo, so I copied the rejection letter to post here. When I pasted what I copied from their email (and I did this several times) this is what comes up!

Congratulations! You are one of the very
lucky few and have secured a bottle of 17 Year Old Eagle Rare from the
2014 Sazerac Antique Collection. I know you’ll enjoy this fine
bourbon.
To place the order for shipment within Arizona, please follow these
three simple steps:

And that was it. Subliminal messages? Hidden codes? Very strange (or I need to move to Arizona!)

Prob won’t happen in CA as people purchased online and had it shipped if they were one of the lucky ones.

Still shows 8 more available. I tried to check out again with one….no dice! [basic-smile.gif]

Got the same email and tried for all, not surprisingly got none. I’m expecting my emails from them to at least double as a result.

Emails here were for 10-15 yr. Had to show up at a store to get a ticket, show back up at 7 PM for the drawing and of course be present to win.

middle finger

You guys should be ecstatic :smiley:

would sell the 23 for a 12 and 15.

Probably going to drink this bottle and share it with my whiskey loving friends! I’m not a huge spirit lover…but I’m trying! [drinkers.gif]
Now…if you wanted to trade a drc Monty??? [whistle.gif]

[wink.gif]