What Cigar or Pipe Are You Smoking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What Cigar or Pipe Are You Smoking?

#601 Post by Randy Bowman » April 18th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Esteban Carreras Unforgiven Toro Grande

Difficult draw that is mouth drying and uneven burn for the first Inch. Two touch ups didn't correct the burn so I cut the cigar a quarter inch below the burn line and found the cigar had tunneled past the cut. Waited five minutes and relit the cigar. Draw is good and burn line is straight. Primary flavor of wood with some earthiness, kitchen spice and mild black pepper. A touch of sweet citrus now and again along with some coffee as the cigar approaches the end.
20200418_134706.jpg
20200418_140248.jpg
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

Jason Hagen

#602 Post by Jason Hagen » April 18th, 2020, 2:46 pm

EP Carrillo Core Plus Maduro Club 52
Very dark and for the first 2/3s, simple. Chocolate, coffee and funky earth. Draw was vacant. As the cigar finished there were elements of dried cherries and roses. Kind of like a red Burgundy in a cool vintage. Overall it was okay. = C

Jason
Attachments
CE9EB6B8-AA46-4B94-A90A-B3E30D993F7F_1_201_a.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#603 Post by Randy Bowman » April 19th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Schrader MMXIII Figurado by Nat Sherman

Back in the day, Fred made cigars and these were dubbed "Sparky Two." We bought all our distributor had in stock shortly after release, (June, 2016). Straw aroma on the foot and cedar on the cold draw. Mild and smooth starting out with wood, oak at first, softening to cedar after a half inch. There are notes of roasted nuts, straw, leather and white pepper. Caramel joins the profile in the second third. The sweetness lingers and the white pepper softens. The flavors intensify as the cigar winds down. Great smoke.
20200419_134503.jpg
IMG_20200419_144256.jpg
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

GregP

#604 Post by GregP » April 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Jason Hagen wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 2:46 pm
Very dark and for the first 2/3s, simple. Chocolate, coffee and funky earth. Draw was vacant. As the cigar finished there were elements of dried cherries and roses. Kind of like a red Burgundy in a cool vintage. Overall it was okay. = C

Jason
Carillo was "king" back in mid '90s with his La Gloria Cubana line, well priced and pretty much top of the ladder, save for some others like Padron. All LFCs were made in Miami. After he sold the business and production was moved to Dominica, along with "new blends" to integrate Dominican leaf many of stopped buyingm myself included (when I used to have 5-6 boxes on hand always). Tried a number of his EP Carillo since his non-compete ran out and he opened a factory of his own, but none really strike me as great. His, as well as most others', idea of adding "flavor" now is not best quality leaf, but simply larger ring gauge. But, as the old commercial goes, "There is no substititute..." His LGC Wavells were a blast, in every way, those days are gone.

So, no real surprise here.
G r e g P i a t i g o r s k i
I T B - i s k a r a n u w i n e

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#605 Post by Randy Bowman » April 20th, 2020, 2:25 pm

A. Fuente Anejo Reserva 55

In the humidor for at least two years. A little barnyard aroma on the foot. Rich tobacco on the cold draw. The cigar is essentially an Opus X with a Maduro wrapper. The wrapper adds some sweetness and some cocoa to the complex profile of the Opus X, consisting of wood, leather, earth, some roasted nuts and kitchen spices. Towards the end of the cigar there were notes of roasted meat and some black pepper held in check by the sweetness from the wrapper. Excellent.
20200420_132818.jpg

Jason Hagen

#606 Post by Jason Hagen » April 20th, 2020, 3:19 pm

GregP wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Jason Hagen wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Jason
Carillo was "king" back in mid '90s with his La Gloria Cubana line, well priced and pretty much top of the ladder, save for some others like Padron. All LFCs were made in Miami. After he sold the business and production was moved to Dominica, along with "new blends" to integrate Dominican leaf many of stopped buyingm myself included (when I used to have 5-6 boxes on hand always). Tried a number of his EP Carillo since his non-compete ran out and he opened a factory of his own, but none really strike me as great. His, as well as most others', idea of adding "flavor" now is not best quality leaf, but simply larger ring gauge. But, as the old commercial goes, "There is no substititute..." His LGC Wavells were a blast, in every way, those days are gone.

So, no real surprise here.
Makes sense. I just saw that the Corona Core Plus Churchill was in the top 25 CA for 2019. Crazy. I do like the New Wave Connecticut.

Jason

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#607 Post by Randy Bowman » April 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm

Leaf by Oscar Maduro

In the humidor for at least one year. A little barnyard on the foot and rich tobacco on the cold draw. The cigar starts out smooth after lighting it with cocoa, earth and sweet dark berries. The draw is easy and the smoke is so dense blowing a smoke ring creates a smoke tunnel. Some black pepper appears on the finish at the end of the first third. Mid way, the cocoa has become mocha and there are notes of kitchen spice. The cigar never exceeds medium in strength and is full flavored. Have to try the Habano and Sumatra wrapped versions.
20200421_133821.jpg
20200421_135055.jpg

Jason Hagen

#608 Post by Jason Hagen » April 21st, 2020, 6:17 pm

Man O' War Virtue Salomon
This has been resting for 6 or 7 years. I had one in January and it was a little off. This was much better. Nice and on the mild/medium side. I remember these being better when young and so I picked up a few more and will smoke them soon. I'll report back.

Jason
Attachments
4144349B-1003-4F02-8E03-45B27621BECD.jpeg

Jason Hagen

#609 Post by Jason Hagen » April 21st, 2020, 8:30 pm

Randy Bowman wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Leaf by Oscar Maduro

In the humidor for at least one year. A little barnyard on the foot and rich tobacco on the cold draw. The cigar starts out smooth after lighting it with cocoa, earth and sweet dark berries. The draw is easy and the smoke is so dense blowing a smoke ring creates a smoke tunnel. Some black pepper appears on the finish at the end of the first third. Mid way, the cocoa has become mocha and there are notes of kitchen spice. The cigar never exceeds medium in strength and is full flavored. Have to try the Habano and Sumatra wrapped versions.
Thanks Randy, I have yet to try one of the Leafs. Sounds yummy.

J

Jason Hagen

#610 Post by Jason Hagen » April 21st, 2020, 8:34 pm

Warped Flor del Valle Ghost Orchid Purchased this year.
Another terrific cigar from Warped. It still needs some time to rest. Medium smoke. Woodsy, earthy, with a bit of dried black cherry. About halfway through there is caramel, cream, peanuts, and white pepper. The pepper is very present but this is not spicy. As it went on, I started to have some burn issues and a taste of dry wood planks. I am hoping a little more time will even this out. Warped are almost always distinctive to my palate. A-

Jason
Attachments
58A6F9AC-6AEA-4FB0-8993-8C4F8CDC4A02.jpeg

Aaron Shearin

#611 Post by Aaron Shearin » April 21st, 2020, 8:41 pm

05 Partagas Serie Connaisseur No2.

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#612 Post by Randy Bowman » April 22nd, 2020, 2:52 pm

Leaf by Oscar Corojo

Two years in the humidor. Hay aroma on the foot and earth on the cold draw. The first half inch was a mouthful of red pepper flakes. As they tone down an earthiness builds and continues to the finish. Retrohale is hot red pepper. Some tea notes appear at the start of the second third with earth the primary flavor and the pepper is now mild on the finish. Some caramel sweetness joins in and the pepper disappears. Wood and coffee notes mingle. Pepper reappears in the final third, first on the finish but working it's way to the forefront. A little too much pepper for my palate but the rest of the cigar was complex and tasty.
20200422_135021.jpg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#613 Post by Randy Bowman » April 23rd, 2020, 2:47 pm

Leaf by Oscar Sumatra

Two years in the humidor. Like the other Leaf cigars I posted, the Sumatra has impecible construction, easy draw and dense smoke. Saddle leather aroma on the foot and tobacco on the cold draw. I would call this a subtle cigar. The primary flavor is mild tobacco. Through the length of the cigar there are hints and/or nuances of saddle leather, earth, nuts, citrus, cocoa, hay, caramel, cinnamon, white and black pepper. These elements of the profile intensify from the middle of the cigar on to the end.
20200423_140000.jpg

Jason Hagen

#614 Post by Jason Hagen » April 23rd, 2020, 5:39 pm

Warped Serie Gran Reserva 1988 Purchased in March 2020
Yum. Great smoke. Leather and chocolate malt. Elements of dried orange candy. Not sweet but bold and some brightness. A+

Jason
Attachments
810CD424-C9E7-4782-8AB8-45313EC298F4.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#615 Post by Randy Bowman » April 24th, 2020, 3:19 pm

My Father No. 1 Robusto

Arrived yesterday. Hay aroma on the foot, tobacco on the cold draw. Starts out peppery and the draw is tight for the first third. The pepper fades revealing some nuttiness, hay and earth. Intermittent caramel sweetness counters the now light white pepper at the halfway point of the cigar. Some espresso notes starting the final third and the pepper returns at the finish. Very good after the draw improved.
20200424_143125.jpg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#616 Post by Randy Bowman » April 25th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan

We scored a few more boxes so I get to smoke my second one this year. Chasing the changing flavors for an hour and a half. Awesome stick.
20200425_134630.jpg

Phil Smith
GCC Member
GCC Member

#617 Post by Phil Smith » April 26th, 2020, 10:30 am

Nice day today calls for a nice cigar. Padron 80th Maduro. Something fun about a Torpedo.
Attachments
E23366B0-3F27-41CD-A209-875FE6652769.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#618 Post by Randy Bowman » April 26th, 2020, 2:37 pm

A. Turrent Triple Play Puro Maduro Robusto

Been in the humidor at least six years. The cellophane was amber colored from the oils in the cigar. 100 percent Maduro leaf cigar. Barnyard on the foot and chocolate on the cold draw. Starts out with pepper and settles quickly to a mellow chocolate milk like flavor that is present for the entire cigar. There were notes of earth, nuts, some kitchen spices and an occasional citrus note. Slow smoker and some pepper returned near the end. Very interesting.
20200426_134909.jpg

Jason Hagen

#619 Post by Jason Hagen » April 27th, 2020, 11:30 am

Psyko Seven Nicaragua Robusto
This was just not working for me. Thin flavors. 1 note profile. Light bodied, medium flavors. Draw and burn were a problem. =D+

J
Attachments
62288C88-FD06-4EC5-8AC9-38949ADE1406.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#620 Post by Randy Bowman » April 27th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Nice day to be outside enjoying an A J Fernandez Last Call Maduro Flaquita.
20200427_133947.jpg

Jason Hagen

#621 Post by Jason Hagen » April 27th, 2020, 8:16 pm

Room 101 The Farce Toro
Decent smoke. At this point, I greatly prefer the Connecticut. I will be waiting a few months to try the next one. The ring gauge is too big at 54. The Robusto is 52 but the Connecticut robusto 50. = C

Jason
Attachments
26F4165C-F7F8-47CF-847F-4111A8C0761A.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#622 Post by Randy Bowman » April 28th, 2020, 2:46 pm

AVO Classic Robusto

About six months in the humidor. A cross between barnyard and hay aroma on the foot. Rich tobacco on the cold draw. Starts out smooth and nutty with some dusty earth notes. Hints of coffee and some caramel sweetness soon appear along with mild kitchen spices. About half way through the cigar some mild pepper joins the profile. Smooth and mild breakfast cigar with ample flavor to compliment your coffee.
20200428_141224.jpg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#623 Post by Randy Bowman » April 29th, 2020, 3:12 pm

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro Robusto

From a new box that arrived last Thursday. Barnyard aroma on the foot, chocolate on the cold draw. The first half inch, I thought the cigar was too big for me and heavy with pepper. When the cigar settled down and the pepper faded, it exploded with flavors of chocolate, cedar, coffee, roasted nuts, dark berries along with some sweetness. The predominant chocolate turned to mocha and some light pepper returned near the end of the cigar. Medium plus powerhouse of flavor.
20200429_141612.jpg

GregP

#624 Post by GregP » April 29th, 2020, 4:21 pm

Randy Bowman wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 3:12 pm
La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro Robusto

From a new box that arrived last Thursday. Barnyard aroma on the foot, chocolate on the cold draw. The first half inch, I thought the cigar was too big for me and heavy with pepper. When the cigar settled down and the pepper faded, it exploded with flavors of chocolate, cedar, coffee, roasted nuts, dark berries along with some sweetness. The predominant chocolate turned to mocha and some light pepper returned near the end of the cigar. Medium plus powerhouse of flavor.
20200429_141612.jpg
Randy thanks for the note. These used to be my staple back in mid '90s, though I migrated to natural wrappers after first falling in love with maduros. Maybe time to revisit.

GregP

#625 Post by GregP » April 29th, 2020, 4:30 pm

98F here, a bit on a muggy side, though 15% humidity is till very dry elsewhere, so its all relative :-)

Cubao Robusto, 3 months in humidor. Plenty of flavor, some espresso notes, a touch of white pepper, chocolate and roasted nuts, very faint note of black cherry, cedar notes on finish. Very slow smoking cigar, good thing. Draw is a bit tight, but not sure if its the weather, other cigars from same box smoked perfectly, one today and one yesterday at 95F, are a bit tight, but I don't want to use a poker. Solid ash. Need to reload as I am down to less than box. Recommended.

Jud Reis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#626 Post by Jud Reis » April 29th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Had a lovely Arturo Fuente Short Story this afternoon on a short walk. Just a tasty, spicy espresso cigar.

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#627 Post by Randy Bowman » April 30th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Cohiba Blue Toro

A year or more in the humidor. Light barnyard aroma on the foot, tobacco on the cold draw. Starts out with hay notes, natural tobacco and dusty earth. Cocoa slowly builds along with some sweet caramel. The hay and tobacco drop off, replaced by kitchen spice. The dusty earth moves to the finish and is mouth drying. This profile continues through to the end of the cigar. Smooth medium body with a very good draw and even burn.
20200430_135428.jpg
How good was it?
20200430_151820.jpg

Jason Hagen

#628 Post by Jason Hagen » May 1st, 2020, 9:49 am

GregP wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 4:30 pm
98F here, a bit on a muggy side, though 15% humidity is till very dry elsewhere, so its all relative :-)

Cubao Robusto, 3 months in humidor. Plenty of flavor, some espresso notes, a touch of white pepper, chocolate and roasted nuts, very faint note of black cherry, cedar notes on finish. Very slow smoking cigar, good thing. Draw is a bit tight, but not sure if its the weather, other cigars from same box smoked perfectly, one today and one yesterday at 95F, are a bit tight, but I don't want to use a poker. Solid ash. Need to reload as I am down to less than box. Recommended.
Thanks for the note. Definitely one of my staples. Down to about 3/4 box of Robustos and 3/4 Box of Toros but looking to get a box of the Churchills.

J

Jason Hagen

#629 Post by Jason Hagen » May 1st, 2020, 9:52 am

Randy Bowman wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Cohiba Blue Toro

A year or more in the humidor. Light barnyard aroma on the foot, tobacco on the cold draw. Starts out with hay notes, natural tobacco and dusty earth. Cocoa slowly builds along with some sweet caramel. The hay and tobacco drop off, replaced by kitchen spice. The dusty earth moves to the finish and is mouth drying. This profile continues through to the end of the cigar. Smooth medium body with a very good draw and even burn.
20200430_135428.jpg
How good was it?
20200430_151820.jpg
Thanks Randy. I have never had the Blue but it might be time to check out. Just had a major reload of Red Dots.

Jason

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#630 Post by Randy Bowman » May 1st, 2020, 2:36 pm

Montecristo Classic Yellow No. 2

Three plus years in the humidor. Light barnyard on the foot and hay on the cold draw. The draw is a little tight and smoke thin for the first half. Some nuttiness and hay with a light earth on the finish. There is some sweetness and occasional hints of vanilla. Carrie said the room note is vanilla. The first pepper note came on the retrohale and joined the profile intermittently from then on. In the second half of the cigar, notes of wood and coffee came to the forefront. Fairly mild and smooth cigar.
20200501_134940.jpg

Jason Hagen

#631 Post by Jason Hagen » May 1st, 2020, 5:04 pm

Eric Espinosa Comfortably Numb Purchased February 2020
Coming along nicely with time in the humidor. A nice and easy cigar. Nothing to intriguing and nothing bothersome other than the ash that falls off very quickly and hit me about 3 times. It seems to be a cheaply made cigar with a fun cheaply made label. = B -

Room 101 The Farce Toro Purchased March 2020
Decent smoke. At this point, I greatly prefer the Connecticut. Going to leave the rest in the humidor. Glad I got the Robusto as well. The 54 ring gauge was not working for me. = C +

Jason
Attachments
A3E4451C-D064-4D47-A51F-E29DA342C3FB.jpeg
26F4165C-F7F8-47CF-847F-4111A8C0761A.jpeg

Jason Hagen

#632 Post by Jason Hagen » May 1st, 2020, 10:06 pm

Southern Draw Firethorn Purchased February 2020
I am a fan of this cigar but this particular stick was a disaster. It was almost impossible to get a hit. Even after 3 plunges of the Perfect Draw it was still like sucking and egg through a straw. The flavors were good but the poor construction made this impractical to enjoy. = D

Jason
Attachments
C0EFC937-4250-49D1-8834-A988CC5416EE.jpeg

Phil Smith
GCC Member
GCC Member

#633 Post by Phil Smith » May 2nd, 2020, 11:51 am

God of Fire Serie B double robusto. 2015 and I think I’ve owned this for around a year. This is a good cigar, very clean and correct, dark earthy flavors. Certainly well constructed with a beautiful wrapper, and the burn is perfect. A good bit short on flavor, without so much nuance to make up for it, so while enjoyable enough, maybe not particularly memorable
Attachments
CE2DA4FC-8E19-4877-B13F-FDD8CD330CA3.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#634 Post by Randy Bowman » May 3rd, 2020, 3:11 pm

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso

In the humidor more than a year. Light barnyard and chocolate aromas on the foot and chocolate on the cold draw, so I expected chocolate when lit. Starts out nutty with dusty earth on the finish. Notes of coffee appear an inch into the cigar and slowly move to the forefront as some sweetness starts to build. Cocoa joins the profile near the halfway mark and moves to the forefront. The final third featured kitchen spices and mild white pepper on the finish. Complex with finesse.
20200503_140145.jpg

Jason Hagen

#635 Post by Jason Hagen » May 4th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Phil Smith wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 11:51 am
God of Fire Serie B double robusto. 2015 and I think I’ve owned this for around a year. This is a good cigar, very clean and correct, dark earthy flavors. Certainly well constructed with a beautiful wrapper, and the burn is perfect. A good bit short on flavor, without so much nuance to make up for it, so while enjoyable enough, maybe not particularly memorable
Thanks for the note. I have never tried one and haven't really made the effort. Happy to try it but I don't think I am going to skip for now.

Jason

Jason Hagen

#636 Post by Jason Hagen » May 4th, 2020, 1:40 pm

EAEF8A7A-5FD5-4C74-B9DA-DA22652F116D.jpeg
Caldwell The T. Short Churchill
Great size. This has only had about 6 weeks in the humidor but it is smoking well. Probably the best Caldwell I have had, although it is a collaboration. It starts off dark and rich with an okay draw. The draw improved a lot. At halfway through there are flavors of teriyaki steak and salt-roasted almonds. Finishes with black pepper and charred wood. I paid almost $8, all in for these which is a fair price but I would not want to pay more. In California, they would be double. = B

Graycliff G2
Very nice easy smoking mild cigar. A few months in the humidor has done it some good. = B-

Jason
Attachments
1812946_o.jpg

Jason Hagen

#637 Post by Jason Hagen » May 4th, 2020, 1:46 pm

This weeks starting lineup.
Attachments
A491FB54-7E5A-484A-B7C7-AAC6AF394B8F_1_201_a.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#638 Post by Randy Bowman » May 4th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Esteban Carreras Chupa Cabra Maduro Toro

In the humidor for six plus months. Starts out heavy with black pepper for the first half inch. The pepper fades to the finish and is replaced by espresso notes and kitchen spice. The burn is uneven requiring three touch ups in the first half. Some wood is noticeable after each touch up. Near the end of the second third some notes of chocolate, hay and a little sweetness expand the flavor profile. The black pepper starts building near the end. Pretty tasty, just a lot maintenance with five touch ups.
20200504_142436.jpg

Jason Hagen

#639 Post by Jason Hagen » May 5th, 2020, 8:45 am

Las Calaveras Edicion Limitada 2018 LC46 - by Crowned Heads - 3 months in the Humidor + a couple of years at the retailer.
A beautiful looking cigar and smells great. Initially after lighting it was like a dark forest. Kind of harsh. Rough on the palate. Later it developed a double IPA quality. Citrusy hops and heavy malt. This is a rough rider at this stage. = B

Jason
Attachments
A218168E-CD54-4D00-A296-4F8D27DE8F23.jpeg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#640 Post by Randy Bowman » May 5th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Interesting notes Jason. I've never had a double IPA so I learned two things in one.

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#641 Post by Randy Bowman » May 5th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Brick House Connecticut Toro

Three months in the humidor. Aroma on the foot was leather, like the smell of a brand new car with leather interior. Cold draw was hay and floral notes. Pretty mild cigar with hay, leather, cedar, some nuttiness, a floral note and dusty earth finish. The flavor profile remains constant with some occasional sweetness. The draw is very good. A little uneven burn that self corrected. Good breakfast cigar.
20200505_133618.jpg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#642 Post by Randy Bowman » May 6th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Alec Bradley Tempus Natural Toro

In the humidor for one year. Barnyard aroma on the foot and dark fruit on the cold draw. Starts out with cedar and pepper. The burn is very uneven and two touch ups does not stop the canoeing. DOA next up:

Nub Maduro by Oliva

Six months in the humidor. Coffee on the foot and cold draw. Perfect draw. Notes of dark chocolate, espresso bean, kitchen spices, sweet cedar and a very mild black pepper finish. Solid ash looks like stacked quarters. Smokes slow and cool with the spices picking up intensity as the cigar nears the end. Tasty and smooth.
20200506_143449.jpg

GregP

#643 Post by GregP » May 6th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Really thought Alec Bradley construction issues were all taken of, years ago. Seems not. I recall they switched factories 12-14 years ago to fix the issue. First release of these was incredible, and they then ramped up and "killed" the line, IMO.

Need to revisit Nubs, smoked them upon release, but that large gauge just didn't work for me in the end. They have a few new blends, including Maduro, since, maybe time to order a bunch and re-visit. Nicaragua was my favorite back in the day. And I think they have Nub Cain now as well. Thanks for the note.

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#644 Post by Randy Bowman » May 7th, 2020, 3:36 pm

Rocky Patel Royale Toro

At least one year in the humidor. Light barnyard aroma on the foot, raisins on the cold draw. Starts out with leather and earth. Espresso notes and sweet kitchen spice build through the first third. By mid cigar, notes of cedar and chocolate start to build. Earth moves to the finish. The final third is sweet chocolate with cedar and spice, finishing with real light white pepper. Smokable dessert.
20200507_143817.jpg

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#645 Post by Randy Bowman » May 8th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Fuente Don Carlos Robusto

I actually started with a new brand of cigar but the knot in it made it unsmokable even after using a spike, so, I'm treating myself to a Don. Earthy with rich tobacco flavors accented by espresso notes, cedar and caramel sweetness. Cigar nirvana.
20200508_135056.jpg

Phil Smith
GCC Member
GCC Member

#646 Post by Phil Smith » May 9th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Randomly found a couple boxes of these in a B&M in the middle of nowhere last Memorial Day. Not sure why I only bought five. It’s a beautiful cigar. More towards lighter cedar and woodsy flavors.
Attachments
D7A5F26E-314E-4C72-A6ED-E12515A28E0D.jpeg

Steve Crawford

#647 Post by Steve Crawford » May 9th, 2020, 1:40 pm

got these two to enjoy tonight for the mma event, my go to 1964 and a 1926 serie 6
image.jpg

Jason Hagen

#648 Post by Jason Hagen » May 9th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Steve Crawford wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 1:40 pm
got these two to enjoy tonight for the mma event, my go to 1964 and a 1926 serie 6
image.jpg
Very nice!

J

Jason Hagen

#649 Post by Jason Hagen » May 9th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Phil Smith wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 1:02 pm
Randomly found a couple boxes of these in a B&M in the middle of nowhere last Memorial Day. Not sure why I only bought five. It’s a beautiful cigar. More towards lighter cedar and woodsy flavors.
What in the wild world of sports is that? It's a Fuente?

Jason

Jason Hagen

#650 Post by Jason Hagen » May 9th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Randy Bowman wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 2:26 pm
Fuente Don Carlos Robusto

I actually started with a new brand of cigar but the knot in it made it unsmokable even after using a spike, so, I'm treating myself to a Don. Earthy with rich tobacco flavors accented by espresso notes, cedar and caramel sweetness. Cigar nirvana.
20200508_135056.jpg
Love it. The Belisco is one of the very few boxes I buy. I have one on the top shelf for next week.

Jason

Return to “Beer and Spirits”