Black Truffle infused beer....$120 a bottle.

You down for a few?

Jared Rouben formerly of Goose Island is behind Moody Tongue. This $120 beer is the story generator for the brewery… seems to be working… FWIW, there is a white truffle beer he brewed as a give-a-way

I had a Gose brewed with truffles. If this was something similar to that (and its not) but brewed with more black truffle I would pay $120 in a heartbeat.

On Brew Dogs this morning the boys were in Vegas seeking ingredients to make “the World’s Most Expensive Beer”. They went to a shop of a guy who provides baller ingredients to local chefs and bought water that cost more than Scotch, Saffron, Truffles, Gold Leaf, Tahitian Vanilla Beans and even that Coffee from civet cat crap (and one of them ATE a piece of the actual crap to test its flavor base and acidity!). They then rented a luxe suite to brew just nine gallons of what was for sure some nasty crap but was very expensive to produce.

I had to leave for work before they revealed the cost per ounce…

They brewed beer on expensive rented candy? [scratch.gif]

[rofl.gif]

Fixed. It was hard to watch, they were just so determined to spend money, reminded me of this:

IDK, I thought the rented candy thing was funny, and may have helped drive up the price. [wow.gif]

That would buy you a pretty big black truffle. I think I’d rather have the truffle.