What BEER are you drinking?

BEERserkers and fans of spirits, come on in! Discussion about beer, spirits, liquor - anything beverage non-wine related
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What BEER are you drinking?

#16101 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 5th, 2019, 11:24 am

I continue to destroy the Fort George Crysknife. @Scott and @Mark - pick some up if you see it. Probably my IPA of the year so far, but I haven't had the 3 Way yet :D
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16102 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » June 5th, 2019, 1:18 pm

I thought Crysknife was too grapefruity.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

John Osburn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16103 Post by John Osburn » June 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm

BRhoades wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 4:24 pm

Beachwood Brewing. Green Shift. DIPA. 10% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Nelson, Amarillo, El Dorado, Galaxy and Warrior hops. Back in the day BW would release this in conjunction with the annual February release of Pliny the Younger on tap at their brewhouse in Long Beach. Having had plenty of the Younger I was taken how amazing this beer was and how I thought it was as good if not better than the Younger. They eventually released it as the 3rd anniversary beer in bottles years later and finally it's available in four packs of 16oz cans available at their 3 locations. It's dank, bitter, resiny and juicy AF but beautifully balanced for a bigger beer. It's a hedonistic over the top hop bomb but every true hop head owes it to themselves to down a pint or two. Available in 16oz four packs at BW locations only.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Found a can in PDX, will try this weekend!

John Osburn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16104 Post by John Osburn » June 5th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 11:24 am
I continue to destroy the Fort George Crysknife. @Scott and @Mark - pick some up if you see it. Probably my IPA of the year so far, but I haven't had the 3 Way yet :D
It’s good stuff all right! Aroma I get is part grapefruit pith and part fairway grass from a good iron shot.

BRhoades

#16105 Post by BRhoades » June 5th, 2019, 6:02 pm

John Osburn wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 5:28 pm
BRhoades wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 4:24 pm

Beachwood Brewing. Green Shift. DIPA. 10% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Nelson, Amarillo, El Dorado, Galaxy and Warrior hops. Back in the day BW would release this in conjunction with the annual February release of Pliny the Younger on tap at their brewhouse in Long Beach. Having had plenty of the Younger I was taken how amazing this beer was and how I thought it was as good if not better than the Younger. They eventually released it as the 3rd anniversary beer in bottles years later and finally it's available in four packs of 16oz cans available at their 3 locations. It's dank, bitter, resiny and juicy AF but beautifully balanced for a bigger beer. It's a hedonistic over the top hop bomb but every true hop head owes it to themselves to down a pint or two. Available in 16oz four packs at BW locations only.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Found a can in PDX, will try this weekend!
That's good to hear John, it's a beast !

Cheers,

Bud
It aint wine all the time

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16106 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 7th, 2019, 11:48 am

Mason Aleworks / Melvin Brewing - "Undercover Hoperative" IPA
Really good IPA. Very juicy. Nu-school West Coast in style --- perhaps unfiltered? hop bill includes Vic Secret, Nelson, and Amarillo. I have been quite non-plussed by beers from both of these breweries in the past, but this one is straight-up excellent. On par with El Segundo's "Mayberry," if not a touch better.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16107 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 7th, 2019, 12:38 pm

MT Telesto - good stuff, bit of an orange smoothie crisis.

Boneyard Hop Venom - always good

@Scott - in Eureka! In University Village. Pleasant surprise.

Scott Tallman

#16108 Post by Scott Tallman » June 7th, 2019, 11:09 pm

Drove from Walla Walla to Hood River today hitting two breweries - Dwinell Country Ales in Goldendale and Ferment Brewing in Hood River.

Visited Dwinell due to lot of solid press on their beers, including Jeff Alworth. Drank through most of the line-up - lagers, farmhouse, hoppy and sour/wild. Nothing got me excited, so not sure why the hype. Nothing bad, but nothing that would make me want to seek them out.

Ferment, on the other hand, was impressive. Not Upright, Heater Allen, Wayfinder impressive, but IMO best beers I’ve had in Hood River (yes, including pFriem, some of whose beers I’ve enjoyed but never been as wowed by their beers as others), and I only drank through lagers and farmhouse tonight. Going back tomorrow to try hoppy and barrel-aged beers. Also, their space on the waterfront is amazing and food was excellent.
CT - WestbyGod

Climbs like Tony Martin and descends like Thibaut Pinot

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16109 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » June 8th, 2019, 8:15 am

Appreciate this post Scott as I’m making the drive to Lake Chelan Weds/Thurs and was considering both spots.

I’m a much bigger pFriem fan than you though.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16110 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 8th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Stopped in at Modern Times yesterday. Had tasters of:

Foeder Ice - barrel-aged Pils: it was fine, maybe even very good, but it was too heavy and not crisp enough for my Pilsner preferences.

Divergent Paths - NEDIPA: my favorite of the 4 beers I tried. It's a collaboration with a brewery I cannot recall. Bought a crowler. Galaxy and Strata.

Upside Down Sinners NEIPA: collaboration with Stigbegerts. I liked this a lot. And initially I liked it more than Divergent Paths. But, as it warmed, it took on a pronounced sweet aspect that allowed Divergent Paths to pass it by. Citra, El Dorado, Nelson, Mosaic, and Cashmere.

Crystal Cove - NEDIPA. Didn't like this. Tasted too much like a regular ol' boring IPA. Moutere, Citra, Galaxy.

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Scott Tallman

#16111 Post by Scott Tallman » June 8th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Glenn L e v i n e wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 8:15 am
Appreciate this post Scott as I’m making the drive to Lake Chelan Weds/Thurs and was considering both spots.

I’m a much bigger pFriem fan than you though.
I completed my journey through the Ferment line-up today, and nothing wowser , but across the board really well made beers. To ensure I was not experiencing recency bias, I drank a few specific beers at Ferment that I knew were on tap at pFriem (specifically, Hazy IPA, Helles Lager, and BBA Stout). After drinking them at Ferment, I walked down the street to try at pFriem. In each case, I preferred the Ferment version. Not that the pFriem version was poorly made (they were all solid), but I greatly preferred Ferment. Understandably, YMMV.
CT - WestbyGod

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16112 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » June 9th, 2019, 7:01 am

When I stayed in Portland recently the hotel had "beer hour" and pony kegs of Ferment IPA and their porter were tapped. Both good, neither wow. IPA was really more like an IPL, and I can appreciate that from time-to-time. Maybe I will have to drink at the source before passing judgment.

Is there a way to know what pFriem is pouring without stepping inside? I'm glad I don't live in Hood River, I'd be fat AF.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16113 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 9th, 2019, 3:09 pm

MT Telesto, out of cans. Totally different beer, fruity overtones gone, more malt and nowhere near as good as on tap at Eureka. Meh.

BRhoades

#16114 Post by BRhoades » June 9th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Monkish Brewing Co. Water Balloon Fighters. DIPA. 8.4% ABV. Hopped with Mosaic Citra and Simcoe. One of my favorite returns for growler fills, didn't know i was going to be ambushed by Grafstrom out of the clear blue but the beer is worth the welt on my back [snort.gif] And it was great to see your family and friends too Brian...... neener

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Scott Tallman

#16115 Post by Scott Tallman » June 9th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Glenn L e v i n e wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 7:01 am
When I stayed in Portland recently the hotel had "beer hour" and pony kegs of Ferment IPA and their porter were tapped. Both good, neither wow. IPA was really more like an IPL, and I can appreciate that from time-to-time. Maybe I will have to drink at the source before passing judgment.

Is there a way to know what pFriem is pouring without stepping inside? I'm glad I don't live in Hood River, I'd be fat AF.
Admittedly did not try Ferment’s regular IPA as I’m generally not a fan of the old school west coast IPA style. But thought their hazy was excellent and their pale ale and IPA 3.0 (a 3% abv IPA!) were solid.

You can check the tap list on pFriem’s website.

One other non-beer benefit to Ferment is their space is much, much larger than pFriem. Thus, no waiting for tables/seat, which has been an issue almost every time I’ve visited pFriem.
CT - WestbyGod

Scott Tallman

#16116 Post by Scott Tallman » June 9th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Fortunately was in Portland this afternoon and hit Wayfinder Brewing to celebrate their second anniversary. Enjoyed the always great Terrifica Italian Pils and the Birthday Beer.

Then hit Little Beast. Good Pils and very good Saisons (forgone the names of the various Saisons, but ranged from new world hoppy to Brett infused and in between).
CT - WestbyGod

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16117 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » June 10th, 2019, 5:55 am

Most importantly I’ll not reroute and seek out Dwinell Country Ales. It would be easy to take 97 N though.

Scott Tallman

#16118 Post by Scott Tallman » June 10th, 2019, 7:21 am

Glenn L e v i n e wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 5:55 am
Most importantly I’ll not reroute and seek out Dwinell Country Ales. It would be easy to take 97 N though.
Good call. I was really looking forward to their brews based on what I’d read, but just did do it for me and a Goldendale does not have much else to offer, although the Vera Cruz Mexican food truck was ok.
CT - WestbyGod

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16119 Post by Rick Allen » June 10th, 2019, 9:26 am

Scott Tallman wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 10:23 pm
Fortunately was in Portland this afternoon and hit Wayfinder Brewing to celebrate their second anniversary. Enjoyed the always great Terrifica Italian Pils and the Birthday Beer.

Then hit Little Beast. Good Pils and very good Saisons (forgone the names of the various Saisons, but ranged from new world hoppy to Brett infused and in between).
I didn't even think to see if you would be at the Wayfinder event. We were there from 2:30 to 3:45. I had my go to beer there - Helles.

Scott Tallman

#16120 Post by Scott Tallman » June 10th, 2019, 11:27 am

Rick Allen wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 9:26 am
Scott Tallman wrote:

I didn't even think to see if you would be at the Wayfinder event. We were there from 2:30 to 3:45. I had my go to beer there - Helles.
We stopped by on our way back from a long weekend in Walla Walla and Hood River, so could not stay long. We were the first to arrive when they opened at 11:30 and stayed until around 1:15 after having lunch with Paul W.

We saw Lisa and Kevin right before we left and they told me you were coming later. Wished we had more time to stick around, but I wanted to get home and recuperate after a few days full of driving, cycling, and drinking.

Next time you’re in PDX, jump on I-5 N and come visit us in Seattle. We can open all sorts of fun beer and wine. champagne.gif
CT - WestbyGod

Scott Tallman

#16121 Post by Scott Tallman » June 11th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 9:26 am
Scott Tallman wrote:

Are you or !isa going to be at the PDX Beer Week Pilsner event at Imperial this Thursday? I’ll be in town and will try to stop by at some point.
CT - WestbyGod

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16122 Post by Rick Allen » June 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Lisa will be a the Pilsner event, probably from 5 til 7.

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16123 Post by Rick Allen » June 11th, 2019, 4:32 pm

We don't do a lot of PDX beer week stuff. We aren't considered a Portland brewery, and we're not really into the "Bro" scene.

Scott Tallman

#16124 Post by Scott Tallman » June 11th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 4:32 pm
We don't do a lot of PDX beer week stuff. We aren't considered a Portland brewery, and we're not really into the "Bro" scene.
[rofl.gif]

I’ll tolerate the “bro” scene to try that excellent Pilsner line-up. [thumbs-up.gif]
CT - WestbyGod

Brent C l a y t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16125 Post by Brent C l a y t o n » June 12th, 2019, 9:07 am

Does not suck.
Attachments
1F045A46-14FB-4047-9A40-A0234101D770.jpeg
‘Purveyor of Plonk’
Threadsinker
ITB Sales
IG@bigdaddyb420wine

Brent C l a y t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16126 Post by Brent C l a y t o n » June 12th, 2019, 9:09 am

Root + Branch releases including a Hudson Valley Collab.
Attachments
51E29F16-3BAC-43F7-A8C7-15596482BF1A.jpeg
Root + Branch
‘Purveyor of Plonk’
Threadsinker
ITB Sales
IG@bigdaddyb420wine

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16127 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » June 12th, 2019, 12:02 pm

I’m heading to Alesong!

BRhoades

#16128 Post by BRhoades » June 13th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Modern Times Beer. DDH Timewave Zero. DIPA. 8.5% ABV. Hopped with Eureka, Citra and Mosaic. The first batch of this was released a year ago as a standard hopped DIPA and it was excellent, this year they DDH'd this bad boy and it takes it to another level. Even though there is no Nelson Sauvin in this beer the nose really reminds of the OG Alpine Nelson which is a very good thing. Loads of juicy tangerine, sweet red grapefruit and a potpourri of tropical fruits. I am really enjoying these DDH takes that MT has been doing lately with some of their core beers. This was included in the June on-line sale.

Highly recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Scott Tallman

#16129 Post by Scott Tallman » June 14th, 2019, 8:52 am

Rick Allen wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Lisa will be a the Pilsner event, probably from 5 til 7.
Attended the PNW Pilsner event and chatted with Lisa for a bit. She noted that she guessed most of the beers correctly in the blind line-up of 8 Pilsners (Wayfinder Terrifica, Heater Allen, Upright Engleberg, Zoiglhaus, Occidental, Chuckanut, Buoy, and pFriem) - 6 of 8 correct IIRC.

I only guessed 2 of 8 correctly (pFriem and Upright) and mistook Heater Allen and Chuckanut, the two Pilsners I consume the most. Even more embarrassing, after drinking two Wayfinder Terrificas on Sunday and having a crowler of it on Wednesday night, I could not guess it blind. rolleyes

Favorites were Heater Allen, Upright, Zoiglhaus (need to try more of their beer), and Chuckanut. Blind tasting humbles me yet again.
Last edited by Scott Tallman on June 14th, 2019, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
CT - WestbyGod

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16130 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 14th, 2019, 9:26 am

Really, we're laughing WITH you.

At least with IPA, I can blame the IBUs ;)

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#16131 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 14th, 2019, 1:20 pm

BRhoades wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Modern Times Beer. DDH Timewave Zero. DIPA. 8.5% ABV. Hopped with Eureka, Citra and Mosaic. The first batch of this was released a year ago as a standard hopped DIPA and it was excellent, this year they DDH'd this bad boy and it takes it to another level. Even though there is no Nelson Sauvin in this beer the nose really reminds of the OG Alpine Nelson which is a very good thing. Loads of juicy tangerine, sweet red grapefruit and a potpourri of tropical fruits. I am really enjoying these DDH takes that MT has been doing lately with some of their core beers. This was included in the June on-line sale.

Highly recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Oh, damn! I remember loving last year's version, so I'll have to bop over there to see if they have any of this one remaining. 'twas great seeing you and C at Monkish last weekend! It was great seeing Monkish get back in line with Water Balloon Fighters. :)

Rick Allen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16132 Post by Rick Allen » June 14th, 2019, 2:49 pm

The Brewers Association came by a couple of weeks ago to do some filming, and they came out with this video just in time for Fathers Day.

BRhoades

#16133 Post by BRhoades » June 15th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 2:49 pm
The Brewers Association came by a couple of weeks ago to do some filming, and they came out with this video just in time for Fathers Day.
That is fantastic Rick, you can see how proud you are of Lisa, great team right there.

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16134 Post by BRhoades » June 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 1:20 pm
BRhoades wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Highly recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Oh, damn! I remember loving last year's version, so I'll have to bop over there to see if they have any of this one remaining. 'twas great seeing you and C at Monkish last weekend! It was great seeing Monkish get back in line with Water Balloon Fighters. :)
Run, don't walk buddy, this is one you really need to try and according to their website it's still available at the mini mart, don't forget to pick up a 4 pack of Easy As too, I think you'll love that one as well.Yea, that was a surprise to say the least, brief but fun to see the kids and Ashley too. We opened the Water Balloon Fighters that evening and it was very good.

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16135 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 15th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Sums it up.
Attachments
46F32E9D-8B92-4F4C-BC7C-E76F07199D02.jpeg

BRhoades

#16136 Post by BRhoades » June 15th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 4:35 pm
Sums it up.
That after all that beer your a bit sideways ? neener

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16137 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 15th, 2019, 5:59 pm

BRhoades wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Andrew Kotowski wrote:
Sums it up.

Cheers,

Bud
Hah! All of them are very good, but not “highly recommended!” Liked the Crysknife more than the 3 Way this year, which will likely shock Scott :) MT Telesto is a good daily drinker, but I’d probably buy Georgetown Bodhi before I’d pay the tariff on that again. Fremont HFoD was like most of the others... good, but not great.

I am wrapping up the day with a GnT instead of more beer :/

Scott Tallman

#16138 Post by Scott Tallman » June 15th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 5:59 pm
BRhoades wrote:
Andrew Kotowski wrote:
Sums it up.

Cheers,

Bud
Hah! All of them are very good, but not “highly recommended!” Liked the Crysknife more than the 3 Way this year, which will likely shock Scott :) MT Telesto is a good daily drinker, but I’d probably buy Georgetown Bodhi before I’d pay the tariff on that again. Fremont HFoD was like most of the others... good, but not great.

Not surprised because even though I’ve yet to try Crysknife, I’m not a fan of this year’s 3-Way.

Finished another Portland trip - lots of delicious Upright, a not very good Breakside BBA Stout (in Pappy Van barrels), a solid Ruse Pale Ale, some good and not so good Rev Nat’s cider, and some Cameron Spritz rose and oysters at a pop-up event. Time to take a brief drinking hiatus to get in better bike shape. The mountains are calling.
CT - WestbyGod

Scott Tallman

#16139 Post by Scott Tallman » June 15th, 2019, 9:46 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
Perfectly encapsulates your relationship with Lisa (as I’ve perceived it). And purely from a selfish consumer perspective - you shouldn’t have mentioned that she could go anywhere to Brew (although I have no doubt that she absolutely could). I love that Heater Allen has a long-term future once you decide you’d rather ride your bike around Europe full-time rather than clean kegs [wow.gif], which as we’ve discussed is unfortunately not the case for some well known WV wineries.
CT - WestbyGod

Terry H a r r i s
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16140 Post by Terry H a r r i s » June 16th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
Really neat!! Great job, there, Rick!! flirtysmile
His wife told a 911 operator that she used a pruner "good for pruning roses" and that James's bleeding wasn't enough to create the "sign of the cross, or write sinner" . . . .

Oh, and I pay money to those ITB

BRhoades

#16141 Post by BRhoades » June 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 5:59 pm
BRhoades wrote:
Andrew Kotowski wrote:
Sums it up.

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew, look for the new June-July seasonal from MT called Gentle Reminder. It's a collab they did with Pizza Port, had a sneak peak taste at the brewery in SD a couple weeks ago. Pretty tasty stuff and as a Nelson whore I really like the way they used it alongside the other three hops.

Cheers,

Bud

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16142 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 16th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Have a buddy coming up from Portland, will tell him to get it on the list. With this weather, I’m hitting GnTs like crazy, instead of beer :)

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16143 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 17th, 2019, 6:23 am

Scott Tallman

#16144 Post by Scott Tallman » June 17th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Rick Allen wrote:
Not sure if you’re aware, but on the most recent Beervana podcast featuring an interview with Alex Ganum of Upright Brewing (which is worth listening to as Alex is doing great things and has a great perspective on beer making - link is at the end of this post), both Alex and Jeff Alworth gave you a big shout out for leading the Pilsner revolution in Oregon and driving the focus on beer + food by putting your beer in restaurants around PDX. Patrick also gave a shout out to Lisa and reiterated what you noted in the video - that she is a great brewer.

Jeff and Patrick mentioned doing a Pilsner-focused pod in the future, with a blind tasting of local Pils. I’d be really interested to hear you and Lisa be part of that discussion.

https://soundcloud.com/beervana-1/beerv ... st-version
CT - WestbyGod

BRhoades

#16145 Post by BRhoades » June 17th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Revision Brewing Co. Disco Ninja. IPA. 7% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Galaxy Mosaic and Amarillo hops. Dang this is one bright juicy clean crusher and hits that 7% ABV sweet spot which makes drinking a couple doable without getting shit faced. I wish we got these guys on a regular basis but I'll gladly take what does make it down to my local sporadically. Jeremy's IPAs remind me of the IPAs that Bob Kunz brews at Highland Park Brewing, more austere and clean, he's come a long way from his days at Knee Deep Brewing.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud
Last edited by BRhoades on June 17th, 2019, 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16146 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 17th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Hrmmm. Will need to check this out more; quite a few places stock Revision here.

BRhoades

#16147 Post by BRhoades » June 17th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 5:33 pm
Hrmmm. Will need to check this out more; quite a few places stock Revision here.
Initially we got quite a bit of Revision product then it tailed off, have no idea whats up with their distro, I mean Nevada isn't exactly far from So Cal [wow.gif]

Cheers,

Bud

Scott Tallman

#16148 Post by Scott Tallman » June 17th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
I’ve had a few, but my experience re distribution/inventory has been similar to Bud’s. Nothing I’ve tried was a wowser beer for me, but all very solid hoppy beers.
CT - WestbyGod

BRhoades

#16149 Post by BRhoades » June 17th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Revision Brewing Co. Citra Revenge. DIPA 9% ABV. 100% Citra hopped. Continuing the theme with some more Revision beers I have been enjoying over the last few days. Revision does their " Revenge" series which focuses on a single hop DIPA that is very generously hopped. If you love Citra then you'll love this beer. Massive fresh citrus on the nose, think oranges of every variety. Flavors follow the nose with more citrus that ranges from orange's to sweet red grapefruit. There is beautiful crackery malt profile to balance the wallop of the massive citrus charge. This is a hop heads beer, big and brash but balanced and very drinkable for the 9% ABV. Finishes with a long dry citrus pith bite that encourages you to take another sip.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

BRhoades

#16150 Post by BRhoades » June 17th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Scott Tallman wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 6:20 pm
Andrew Kotowski wrote:
I’ve had a few, but my experience re distribution/inventory has been similar to Bud’s. Nothing I’ve tried was a wowser beer for me, but all very solid hoppy beers.
Your right on with your assessment Scott. Jeremy brews a lot of different recipes and most of what I have had have been very solid. A few have really stood out as exceptional like Reno As f*ck and Battle Of The Lords. I've had others that were good but nothing earth shaking. Because of the sketchy distro model I usually grab a four pack or bottle whenever it hits my local bottle shops. I never had a chance to taste Disco Ninja but had heard so many great things it was a no brainer when it finally made it's way down here. I like the Revenge Series which reminds me of the amazing Shower Series that were brewed at Noble Ale Works before Evan left to start Greencheek Brewing.

Cheers,

Bud

Return to “Beer and Spirits”