Retailers: how many 2013 rosés are you buying?

They continue to arrive here. Just curious on how many/few people buy?

I’ve got a pretty small shop and I usually have 6 - 8 rosés in stock during the summer. Half that the rest of the year.

We keep about 20 year round (plus about 30 sparkling ones) as they are the perfect solution to so many foods / occasions here.

We do the same with mostly still, some frizzante rosés, 20-25 year round. We do not have anywhere near that many sparkling ones, maybe 10?

Are you counting Rosé Champagnes David? That’s fully 25% of our bubbly set.

Still: 50 ish

56, excluding sparkling (and only the dry ones.)

Just crossed 60 this week.

Several years ago we had 10 or so. Now we pick and choose about between 3 and 5. Roses are not a mover in our neighborhood. Likewise, Gamay Beaujolais has never been a popular wine in our area. If we have it, nobody asks for it. Don’t have it, they ask for it.

We literally had to overhaul the selection right around July 1, and almost completely.
The category is insane, and going off of year prior projections means add 50%

15-20 this year, pimped out some 2012 closeouts for dollas but also sold through all my big gamble pre orders except two. I’m going to salt in some more of the limited stuff next month to get me through fall and Thanksgiving.

+1

Ran out of some that we went LONG on by July 4th.

FWIW, I sold 3x my prior year’s volume in 2014–just so far. And while slowing down, still moving strong. No good reason to dash the rose’s before CRAB season!!