Swipely

Does anyone have experience with this service?

https://www.swipely.com/

I’m considering a switch and wondered if any other retailers (or others) have some useful feedback they’d be willing to share here or privately by Private Message or Email (petert@martysfinewine.com).

No experience, but the website rings warning bells for me. Very slick, very little real information. I’d suggest http://www.cardfellow.com/ That’s the real deal. Ben, the guy who runs the blog there has a short list of agents that sell merchant services with reasonable, transparent pricing. And, Ben will solicit feedback on your experience. He’ll go to bat for you if you have a problem. On the blog tab, you’ll find some articles with honest, merchant-oriented information about card processing.

“Accept Payments. Understand Customers. Grow Revenue.” Seems simple enough. [stirthepothal.gif]

I had the demo already which put them over the first hurdle of this very skeptical person.

Is there anybody with functional experience instead of anecdotes or bon mots?

Have you looked at Square?

I have, but the rates are egregiously high for its limited application in our high volume stores. It’s basically awesome for mobile / off site sales, but silly for the other 99% of our sales.

Swipely offers dashboard tracking of numerous data points that I normally get from running a separate report for each variable. Plus, matches my current credit card processing fees. And a slew of other goodies. Chelsea Wine apparently uses Swipely, so I will probably end up calling them tomorrow.

If you are looking for data points across multiple stores, we use Microsoft Dynamics and have been very pleased thus far…

I have been with Swipely, for about three weeks now and I am favorably impressed so far. After being with another processor for a long time I started looking around. I was tired of some of the fees, although the service was always good. The transition to Swipely was seamless, I was a little nervous that we would not get paid in the ordinary course of business. We get our money about as fast as we did with the other processor which is pretty fast. Swipely’s fees are a little less, but that’s not helpful if you have problems. I haven’t had problems so far.

With respect to the data analysis, Swipely seems to have analytics that were only available to large players until recently. Swipely does not make big promises, their rates are competitive plus they do the data analysis. It is up to you what to do with the analysis. Swipely also won’t give you any feedback until they have some data to analyze which should be about six weeks into the process. Perhaps you could pm me after another month.

For what it’s worth, their backers seem to be big names in the tech world. Also Swipely did not give me a hard sell. I might have just gotten a decent salesperson but my hunch is that he was trained not to give a hard sell. I think he cold called me over six months ago. I was interested and told him make me a warm lead and contact me periodically. I finally went through an on line presentation late last spring. I said I wasn’t ready. The same guy called back in late summer. I went through another presentation and made the switch without any pressure. I felt I could have simply said “no” and that would be the end of it.