BBX On Line Wine Trading : Is it Counterfeit Free

I am new to this forum. I have recently been introduced to this on-line wine exchange platform BBX sponsored by Berry Brothers & Rudd in London. I played around with the website. It seems to be very well designed and have the right safeguard in place to ensure the authenticity of the wines being traded there. Only wines stored at BBR’s in-bound warehouse is allowed to be traded. Customers are allowed to bring their wines stored in other location to BBR’s in-bound warehouse for trading via BBX. The acceptance of these external wines are are subjected to final inspections of wine by BBR.

My question is that with the increase in counterfeit wines showing up in reputable auctions run by reputable auctions such as AMC and Christine as evidenced by Henry Tang’s recent alleged fake La Tache wines being put up for auction in Christie’s auction in Hong Kong, is it safe to start buying and trading wines through BBX?

Does anyone know the reputation of BBR?

It depends how long it has been in their storage.

They have some pretty sexy cases of wines on the platform - case of 71 Tache mags, and, if I remember a case or two of Jayer.

If anybody has these wines, BBR (and J&B) would.

I have a number of cases with BBR, and have been to their dinners. They had for sale, among others, a magnum bottle of I think '78 Jayer Richebourg, and the MW there said he had personally seen the bottle and it seemed right. They also have a lot of ex domaine wines, and since much of that is bonded (ie, from the domaine to a secure warehouse), so product control seems soild.

That isn’t a 100% guarantee, but I feel a lot more comfortable with that organization over some of the auction houses. Don’t get me wrong, I buy a lot of wine at auction, but I don’t know that (if I had the bucks) I’d buy Jayer, a number of the DRC, or something like a Roumier Musigny.