Who else is at work today (Christmas day)

We opened at 9 (mostly to answer the phone and assure people that we ARE open till 4) and already had some folks.

Best wishes for all wine pimps for a successful season.

Back to restocking the Champagne coolers…

We’re open until 3:00. We’ve had a steady stream of wine and cigar shoppers since we opened at 10:00 and wine bar has a group enjoying wine.
Happy Thanksgiving and wish all you retailers & wine peeps a prosperous holiday season.
Cheers!

So far only one request for Stella Rosa (and she left with an Acnellotta from Emilia-Romagna that she will love) and ZERO requests for Beaujolais Nouveau…

Not ITB but I just got home from work. Hospitals neither sleep nor take holidays.

On call. Did an appendectomy. Hanging around the hospital. Had a meatloaf sandwich for dinner with a diet coke. It was pretty good.

Stella Rosa eeeeuuuu! I worked until 2:00.

Okay, what about Christmas? We are open 10 AM to 3 PM. Just too lazy to start another thread.

We’ve thrown away case of Beaujolais that never sell when they are supposed to. You get the occasional airhead in May that wants some, but we’ve already donated it to the homeless to reduce shoplifting of Natural Ice beer and Colt 45.

Geez, Randy. Even Costco closes on Christmas Day.

We’re open 10-4 and it is quite busy on Christmas day. Fun too!

Xmas day is the only day of the year we are closed, for now. As soon as they figure out they can make a buck we’ll be open 365.

I find the most fun and satisfying days to work in this biz are Thanksgiving and Christmas: folks are in a good mood, looking to splurge a little and often bring us food! Plus, we’re only open 10-4…

In Colorado. we are required to be closed on one day and one day alone…Christmas. Such a wonderful thing…everyone knows this and shops on Christmas Eve. Christmas is my favorite day of the year for obvious reasons, but also because unlike most days off, I know I won’t be receiving ANY phone calls from work. If I could, i would reinstate the Blue Laws and be closed every Sunday.

Posted opening was 10, been here since 9 catching up on corporate gift invoices and organizing New Years Champagne reinforcements plus answering the phone to assure folks they don’t have to go to the supermarket for wine. Ten customers BEFORE 10, all looking for good stuff.

How’s it going for the rest of you retail war dogs?

I’m thinking of opening our tasting room on the Healdsburg Square today, just for fun and to hang out… It’s a small town, and we know so many people locally that it’s a fun to be in a central location and give them their presents!

I worked yesterday (Christmas) from 11a to 11p, but not in the wine biz.

A caller asked if we were open; I said we’re like the bars in New Orleans, we never close!

I’m in. Great commute. No one here to bother me.