Just when I thought I was out...

They pull me back in. I’ve posted about this elsewhere, but wanted to let folks here know who may not visit the most boring of boreds. Not really sure what counts as too commercial, but you’ll note my signature has changed.

After years on the sidelines resisting the urge to get back in, I’ve re-entered the wine profession, albeit as a minority investor in a wine shop called Cave Taureau located in Durham, NC (the Bull City). The majority owner and managing partner may already be known to many of you. Noel Sherr was the manager of Chambers St. Wines in the early part of the last decade moving to Heights Chateau, Slope Cellars, David Bowler Wines, and finally Polaner as a last NY stop before moving down here to NC. The other minority partner and I feel lucky to work with someone of such a fine pedigree who can bring a “real wine” sensibility to our area.

While we are focused on our local market, we welcome e-commerce and other inquiries. We will do the whole schnook thing of sending out emails, etc.

So like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, and check out the e-commerce site (not live yet).

If you’d like to be placed on our mailing list to receive offers, send an email to noel@cavetaureauwines.com . You can also send any inquiries to that address.

If you are local, we will have Eric Texier in the store Saturday October 27th for a sampling of his delicious wines.

Well, here goes nothing. What in the hell am I thinking?

That is awesome, Nathan. Welcome back to retail! Wishing you the best!

In before move to commerce corner

Congrats. Good luck on your new venture.

Congrats Nathan! I am particularly interested since I will be moving to Chapel Hill from NYC in April. Good to know there will be at least one promising shop in the area!

cheers,
scott

I hope that you are close enough to Chapel Hill to find people with real sense around those parts. Certainly won’t find any anywhere near dook. [pillow-fight.gif]

Anyway, good luck Nathan.

Todd was promoting another wine retailer, so I thought it was OK. No worries where it ends up, I just wanted to reach folks that don’t go to Wine Disorder.

Smart move!

Chambers St. of the South of Cave Augé of NC is what we are shooting for.

Maybe even Dookies can be reformed. Besides, there are plenty of places for them to get Caymus and Silver Oak…

The real question is whether we can get State fans to drink wine…

Thanks Veronica and Berry, we hope it works out. There is certainly a need in the area.

Nathan,

Best of luck in your new endeavor.

I’m curious…I’m sure you probably researched this, but what percent of consumers buy wine at a traditional wine shop?

I am sending friend who live in the area there on Saturday!! Hopefully they don’t think Texier wines suck!!

Todd was promoting a retailer he doesn’t have an investment in.

Don’t know. Do you guys carry Hurricane or Wild Irish Rose?

That would be sweet, if not a tall order. Chambers St I know and love. Caves Auge I tried unsuccessfully to visit when I was in Paris in August (en conge, malheureusement) but their inventory had me salivating. If you can bring in some Allemand or Foillard 3,14 you will officially be my hero.

Nathan, would it be too disorderly to say fuck you and your store? :wink:

Totally a tall order, but those are the two stores that have really shaped me. Started shopping at Auge in 1996 and started buying from David Lillie at Garnet in 1998 or 1999 and followed him to his new venture, Chambers St. Might as well aim high, right?

Allemand Reynards 2009 in stock.

Will work on 3.14.

Have the only 2008 Texier St. Joseph in America. Just under 12% syrah. Amazing.

Perfect!

Does Pacino have a son who can play you in the film version? He’s getting on a bit himself.

Highest expectations for you here, and congratulations.

I’m a bit tall for Pacino. I was thinking Matt Damon, we’re about the same age and body type… the Matt Damon from Contagion, that is… :wink: