Shipping wine from Chicago to NY

Ive gone to a few Fedex stores and they dont ship wine. Its only 6 wines but Im not having any luck finding anyone. I usually ship samples through my work account but since this is just a gift, I dont feel right using it.

Any suggestions on shipping a few wines from Chicago to NY?

Lie about the contents or use your work account and reimburse.

I send EVOO all the time!

And I ship vinegar.

I was going to say they’re books but got a little nervous so thought Id ask here beforehand. Books it is! Thanks

Make sure they don’t squeek when you shake the box. Some shipments get waylayed and destroyed if they find unexpected alcohol

Wrap each bottle in bubbles or newspaper so they don’t make noise inside the styro.

‘Collectible Glassware’ is another option. :wink:

Just go to a local store that ships and they should be willing to do it for you no problemo…

I had a FedEx place refuse to ship once, and I pushed pretty hard on them. Eventually I was told that if I just took it to the large shipping center, that location would ship it with no questions asked. It worked, and I’ve sent many boxes (even with “contains alcohol” stickers) from there with no questions asked.

It’s the one located on Division & Hooker .

Also, Binny’s will ship for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure it’s well packed. Use a wine shipping box with a proper polystyrene insert.

When they ask what’s in the box say, “Marble Ashtrays”

Stare at them with a look that says “Are you calling me a liar?”

Done

UPS has a don’t ask don’t tell policy, make sure the contents are sealed.

Binny’s will ship if the wine comes from Binny’s.

Or if you are nice to them. [snort.gif]