so retailers 2011 Holidaze

Just throwing this out there,

How was the day before Thanksgiving, were people in a rush, lining up and how were sales??

Mike

Steady with a lot of the regulars coming in for cigars and several getting wine for tomorrow. Drop ins picking up cigars, wine and accessories. So far.

F-ing NUTS with the real craziness still to come as people get off work.

+1

Busy and crazy most of the day! just enough to keep us running not so many we could not take care of everyone in a timely manner. Sales were solid and ahead of last year but seems like more people buying less expensive wines this year.

Still rolling in.

We beat last year’s number around 6pm and the 2009 number around 8pm. The easiest busy day I’ve had in a while. the flow was steady all day, no major rush chaos as I’ve experienced in the past. Avg ticket sales are always higher today. I’ll see the final tally tomorrow. We’re open 10-5 and will do about 30-50% of today’s number in that time.

Have a good holiday folks! [cheers.gif]

Who else is open today (Thanksgiving)? I was here early to answer the phone to make sure people knew and the first sale was a case of nice 1997 Rioja. Good luck to all…

Line waiting when I opened the door this morning at 10am Crazy open now it has slowed down.

Not a barn burner, but even numbers of people buying wine and people buying cigars. BIG difference in the $$$ though.

Excellent day! Wednesday was up 25% over 2010. For the week, up about a third YOY. This is only my second holiday season, so some of it is just my building the business, I’m sure. Nonethless, I am very pleased.