Importing and delivering from France

I’ve got a private customer in Chicago who wants to buy about 240 bottles of wine from me to be delivered to her home in Chicago.

I get several requests a year of this kind, though not for such large volumes. Does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest and cheapest way for US consumers to be able to get hold of my wines?

Thanks

John,

There is probably a way you can get it done but you’d need to clear it through an IL importer/distributor. Every state has its own set of laws and most of them involve our famous 3-tier system of importer/distributor/retailer so you can’t technically do a ‘direct’ sale from the domaine to a private customer.

You might start by contacting Adam Sager from Winesellers Ltd.

http://www.winesellersltd.com/contact.html

Good luck!

The cheap and easy way is to get yourself some Parker points, my man. neener

I do have Parker Points but I don’t like to publish them as they tend to put off real wine lovers [cheers.gif]

I don’t have the surplus volume that makes it worth embarking on a mission to get a US import-distribution-retail structure established but I do have private clients who want to get the wines. I just thought there might be a company interested in facilitating that kind of thing.

You can try Adventures in Wine. If they can’t handle shipments to Chicago, they should be able to point you to someone who can:

Bruce

I may be able to help you Jon. I am a US importer and can help you get your labels approved, get you registered with the FDA and you could hitch with our wines when we ship. I always ship full containers so we would just allocate some space to you. If you are interested, send me a pm.

Thanks for the help everyone. Nola, I’ll send you an email.