This has to be legit, right?

Yeah right, snicker…

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:04 PM
Subject: Champagne

Hello ,
We are interested in purchasing

:- 24 bottles of Armand De Brignac Brut (Ace of Spades)
:- 6 bottles of Dom Perignon Champagne
:- 6 bottles of Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne

Do confirm how soon you can have them ready as we need them for an event on August 6th . I’ll wait to read from you with the total cost for the bottles . Do you accept MasterCard or Visa ? . Our Pickup men will come for the cases as soon as the Credit card goes through .
Regards,
Paul

PS : Confirm for future orders , Would you be able to source ACE OF SPADES (Green Bottle) ?

Yeah, no red flags at all.

newhere

(psst Eric, that was sarcasm)

Well son of a gun and I thought I had his biz but I guess you got yours 1 mintue sooner. he’s all yours flirtysmile

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:05 PM
Subject: Champagne

Hello ,

Do confirm how soon you can have them ready as we need them for an event on August 6th . I’ll wait to read from you with the total cost for the bottles . Do you accept MasterCard or Visa ? . Our Pickup men will come for the cases as soon as the Credit card goes through .
Regards,
Paul

PS : Confirm for future orders , Would you be able to source ACE OF SPADES (Green Bottle) ?

At least their command of the English language is geting better…

I just got that too…I referred them to our outside sales office:

http://1.usa.gov/lUJ0w3

Veronica, I got the sarcasm!

I wonder if they are trolling this site for email addresses?

I am thinking about selling him some of this stuff while I wait for Bill Gates to send me my $1M check for sending those forwards a few years ago… [snort.gif] I have no idea where this came from, I am not ITB.

Paul Clifford pc00059@yahoo.com
show details 6:53 PM (13 hours ago)

Hello ,

Regards,
Paul

This has been going around for a while. It still give me a chuckle. I’m glad that I don’t do much business via the web or email.

Maybe they need the champagne to celebrate their divorce in Nigeria that netted them $64 Million or their inheritance in Macau that netted them $52 Million or their discovery of Saddam Hussein’s cache of treasure.

Gosh, how awesome it is that Armand de Brignac, which is itself a scam!, has become the object of scam emails. It’s like being caught in a strange loop!

I don’t understand the scam. If the credit card they provide is stolen, can’t they just be arrested when they come to pick up the wine?

They will have you pay the 3rd party shipper out of your pocket, and charge their CC for it. Then when the backcharge comes, you’re out what you paid to the shipper. The wine likely is never picked up.

Ahh… and here I thought I was special. I’ve received this one two days in a row:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:35 AM

Subject: total cost including tax needed

Hello ,
We are interested in ordering 36 bottles of Louis Reoderer Crystal Champagne (In Gift Boxes if available) for an event On AUG 30th but we need them on hand before then .Let us know how soon you can get them . we will get back to you with the Credit Card number as soon as we get the total cost for the cases and we will arrange for the pick up at your location as soon as payment is clear Looking forward to your kind reply Thank You

I see. I got confused by “pickup men” in the article. I assumed that was their friends or something… a third party shipper makes more sense.

I got the below yesterday - though it didn’t have to do with wine, I got a good laugh at it…hmm, Ben Bernanke moonlighting as an account officer at a Georgia branch of BoA… I really wonder if anyone ever responds to these crazy emails…

\

Subject: NOTIFICATION OF CREDIT FROM BANK OF AMERICA.
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:15:23 -0700

1890 Epps Bridge Pkwy, Athens, GA 30606

NOTIFICATION OF CREDIT FROM BANK OF AMERICA.

Attn: Beneficiary,

We have this 22nd day of April, 2011 received a payment credit instruction from the Federal Government of Ghana to credit your account with your full Inheritance fund of US$10.3Million from the Federal Government of Ghana reserve account with our bank, Bank of America

However, you shall required to provide the followings data’s below:

{1}. Your Full Name and Address.
{2}. Your Confidential Tel, Cell and Fax.
{3). Your Bank name and address.
{4). Your A/c Name and A/c Numbers.:
(5). Your Swift Code / Routing Numbers.

Please do provide the above information accurately, because this office cannot afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds or liability of funds credited into a ghost account.

Thanks for banking with Bank of America while we looking forward to serving you with the best of our service.

Thanks and God bless you.

Regards,

Yours in Service,
Mr.Ben M. Bernanke
A/C officer B O A Georgia Branch.

Chairman Federal Reserve Bank New York

Wow, Mary’s Central Coast blog does an amazing blow by blow of breaking down the scam. Huge kudos!

indeed, just finished reading it.

I always write those people back and quote something like $326,000 just for fun…