Bordeaux Futures Emails

Just a curious question as it seems like I am getting more 2010 Bordeaux First Growth emails than ever before. K&L sent one yesterday. Do buyers of Petrus and Lafite really respond to these emails? I assume if you are still in the market for these wines you don’t need an email to prompt you and you know where to go. I might be wrong and it brings to mind a recent NY Post cover this week where someone withdrew $400 from an ATM in the Hamptons and left their receipt on the ground and they had close to $100 million in their account.

Well, Robert, it shouldn’t take much of a leap in logic to realize those buyers are not buying from that store any longer. The retailer is looking for new buyers for their overpriced wine.

Peter - I do not understand your answer. Using K&L as an example they are looking for new buyers for a wine that costs $48,000 per case by sending out mass emailers to people who are already customers.

When I got their email, I sold my house and my children so that I could buy 2 cases.

Actually, you understand the 2010 campaign perfectly!