tasting/buying ratio?

any ideas what’s to be expected at the $25-40 price point?

we sold about a bottle per 2 tasters, with 4 varietals to offer.

I would imagine it depends on if you’re charging for the tasting, and how much you’re charging.

From personal experience as a consumer (and from various conversations on this board, and others, on this topic), you sell more bottles if you don’t charge for the tasting than you will seell if you do charge for the tasting.

Again, as a consumer, I like it when a winery charges for the tasting, but offers to refund the price of the tasting with a purchase.

Agree with this. I almost always buy at least a bottle if my tasting fee can be refunded.

Yup, me too. I have to really not like the wines to not make a purchase of at least one bottle under those circumstances … and, at that point, you’d think the winery wouldn’t even want me buying their wine if I dislike it that much. The silver lining of that situation, however, is that the winery still gets the tasting fee from me, so pouring for me wasn’t totally a lost cause.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We post a $5 fee, tasting 4 wines to start, waived for opening month (and probably for a long time…) and refunded afterwards.

Corey, is that Linda Ronstadt in your avatar and, more importantly, is that Pam Grier in the picture behind her?

As if.

It’s DJ Emma Peel.

http://softspoken.blogspot.com/2008/07/inspiration-dj-emma-peel.html

Sorry but THIS is Emma Peel:

And I think that IS Pam Grier on the wall.

Oddly enough, I was originally looking for a pic I liked of Emma Peel from the Avengers, when I ran across her record spinning counterpart.

And agree, I think it is Pam Grier.