Anyone here make their own shelf talkers?

If so what program do you use for a template?

I am a Mac…I use Pages.

ditto

I’m PC, I use Excel. I just made a little box for all the info and price. It looks ok, it’s about time for a shelf talker revamp though. I’d like something a bit more professional.

We do all of our own POS here and do it on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets for case displays with AppleWorks on a Mac. We had signboards made for us to fit.

Word.

Simple set up in word to do twelve at time, then cut them. Time consuming but it works.

Print Shop 2 and I don’t like it very much. Used to use Microsoft Publisher which I did like but probably b/c I was used to it. Looking for something new for my Mac.

JD

Another Mac / Pages user. Mine look like this:

EDIT: BTW, Jeff, I’m happy to send you one of my files to use as a template if you’d like! You’ve gotta have Pages, of course, though. I hope your well!

Same trouble with mine, although I went for big/bold, so only get 6/pp.

Yep! Works for us.

Can I see the Boone’s Farm shelftalker?

Never made a shelftalker.

Shelftalkers are lazy.

I’m a PC.
We use Word.

Why would you make that observation John? So many customers who walk in the door of a wine shop like to browse. They would rather pick something out themselves rather than listen to you or your staff. So a nice shelftalker tells the customer exactly what he wants to hear about each wine and he doesn’t have to talk to a clerk.

You have no idea how many times a customer will walk up to the counter with a bottle and state “This wine has 17% Carignan in it and I love Carignan!”

Now how would they have found out about that without a shelftalker?

And don’t say that you would have told them that because they already refused your request for help.

It used to make me made as hell to walk up to a customer and ask them if they need any help, only to have them say no, I want to browse (looking at you very distrustfully). Then they walk up with a bottle of wine stating that “it sounds good!”

And you know you wrote the damn shelftalker…

Shelftalkers turn wine shops into slow-pitch softball leagues . . .

[beee.gif]

I write shelftalkers for lots of different types of wine, some I like and think are valid some are not. The challenge lies in not projecting my tastes onto all of my customers and not using verbage that it too highbrow or technical.

I also have written descriptions for many store websites. It takes good temperament not to overwrite or be too fluffy in your descriptions. Think of it like a good boxer: Get in, hit, get out.

[blackeye.gif]

I use a simple format and will use the notes from WS or WA whenever possible. Will admit we haven’t been using shelf talkers since we moved to our new location. This is about the size of them and nothing glitzy:

Winery: Badge
Wine: Pinot Noir 2005
Santa Rita Hills
Score: 91

“Rich and complex, showing
layers of firm, ripe black
cherry, plum and wild berry
fruit that’s well-structured,
with the flavors sailing on
through the finish. With good
tannins and fine balance,
this should provide lots of