june newsletter

Ballsy move by a retailer. Gotta respect.
http://www.thewinecountry.com/mm5/newsletters/June_2011%20(2).pdf

Love it. I’m sure his activist opinions are good for business. [cheers.gif]

Cheese and egg fritters look good

I have to say that although I agree with a lot of what he’s saying, it’s pretty annoying that he skipped right past Parker’s reviews and then harped on Miller’s (who can blame him) and Galloni’s (about Burgundy pricing, not style)

I found that hard to read…and I don’t even believe in the point system.

Seems like he rails on people for following Parker when Parker is actually a reference point many people use when they are first getting into wine…more wine drinkers = more biz for this guy…

But somehow wines he has supported for YEARS get a high score and somehow he can’t get the wine anymore? Ok…

He seems to rail on the nouveaux riche for their foolish wine buying…I mean, if he says so…you don’t get a lot of new customers by telling them they are stupid…

and lastly, as a huge fan of Priorat, I find it difficult for him to rail on wines like L’Ermita…

L’Ermita is amazing wine - and is certainly not “parkerized”…and if it’s $700 per bottle who cares as I am sure someone out there will enjoy it at that price. Someone who makes $5,000,000 per year could buy L’Ermita and spend roughly .0001% of their income…would be the same as a guy making $100,000 spending $10 on a bottle…

I can almost guarantee they won’t be disappointed…

La Vinya Del Vuit is made by eight of the best winemakers in the region - and it’s really solid stuff…

It really just read like “All those crazy nouveaux riche people are out there getting schooled and I’m there only person who knows it…”

Randy is a long time friend and fellow travelor. We were once featured together with Kermit for rants like that: