Kudos...Grapes The Wine Company

Just wanted to give a positive shout out to Posner and his little wine shop in Noo Yawk. A couple of weeks ago I had him put together a mixed case of riesling for a noob. Gave him nothing more than a bottle price range and let him have a free hand. He sent four German and two Alsatians. Already gone through the Germans and must say that they were all very good to excellent. They were all also noticeably different, and that was what I was wanting…a comparison to see what style I preferred.

Ya see, he aint’ so bad after all.

What about the other 6 wines from the case?

Never met Dan in person, but my buddy Dave Walker speaks highly of him. Jim G. is a great guy - even if he relies on duck carcasses to deter a mugging [notworthy.gif] .

It was a sixer not a full dozen…my bad.

You paid for a case and got 6 bottles??!?!? Can’t be too nice a guy huh? [tease.gif]

Just kidding. Dan comes off as an abrasive punk online, but in person is one of the nicest, most soft-spoken people I know. Glad to call him a friend. Oh yeah, the shop does not suck either.

Sorry, but there is way too much self-advertising going on from interested parties in this thread.

True dat. Shut 'er down! [big_boss.gif]

Dan gets a bad rap because he speaks his mind, which is verboten over on eBoob. He’s a good guy and knows a good wine from a bad wine, which is half the battle in the wine biz.

But he’s a Jets fan. [shrug.gif]

The guy is a dick. I would never buy from him again. [drinkers.gif]

“The guy is a d… I would never buy from him again.”

“But he’s a Jets fan.”

REDUNDANCY

http://www.nfldailydose.com/wp-content/themes/mimbo2.2/images//135px-miami_dolphins_helmet_rightface.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]

You needed to search out this 3 month old thread to add that Gem??? [welldone.gif] [whistle.gif]

He just wanted to bump a thread that there is proof that people like me!

We like you, we really like you.

yeah that Posner guy is alright. I even bought bordeaux futures from him, can you believe it. I shunned Zachys and gave it to Posner. (he beat their price cannot argue with that)!

Mike

You are typical, you would buy from Max, that dirtbag, if he was the cheapest.

Is Max around these days?

Vacation. Only his email blasts are around. pileon

Store is very nice. The parking is ok. The guy that works upstairs is a ham.

Every time I pick up my wine, this guy is never in the store. I think he’s upstairs posting. [rofl.gif]

Dan

I was upstairs the other morning, just ask for me when you come by. If you see the Maybach (I bought it off Lenny Dykstra), you know that I am there.

Store is great, Jim is great, guy upstairs… well… Let’s just say he’s “special”. neener