Problems with Uncorkdeals????

Anyone have problems with Uncorkdeals (Wine Chateau)? They just offered 2005 Bennett Lane Reserve. Had a picture of bottle, tasting note video, and raved about 91 rating from ws. Turns out the offering is really Bennett Family non-reserve with no tasting notes and no 91 rating. Seems like bait-and-switch but wondering if anyone has had good dealings with them.

Greg,

Have you contacted Uncorkdeals yet? What was their response?

I haven’t had any dealings with them, by the way.

You should post this in Wine Talk, as many more people will see it in that subforum than in this one.

Welcome to Wine Berserkers! [cheers.gif]

Have been in contact and they just said they made a mistake wanted to know if it was ok to ship the new wine. I’m not advocating taking advantage of a seller who makes a mistake but in my mind this was a bit crazy as they had a completely different wine. It wasn’t like they had a typo and put the wrong year. Just thought it was strange and didn’t know if it was an outlier or how they do business.
Maybe I will post in wine talk.

…this is entirely true Brian. But what is the purpose of subforums if the correct subject matter is simply posted into the general Wine Talk forum to never be seen again unless someone does a search after a week?

Here, I scrolled down the page without doing a search…without having to click on page after page>>>will need to when WB hits 20k or more members, but not right now.

I’ve got a big-time 2thumbs down for Winebid.com CS coming up, should I place that in Wine Talk?

Without making a poll, leaving out some I would forget; I also wanted to do a thread on which auction houses have WB members found to have the best CS…an area that a huge number of US businesses are sorely lacking in, totally deficient in some ways. Should I start it in WT and see if mods/Admn allow it to stay?

Then, while not specifically a ‘retailer’ type issue/question, I wanted to do a thread about which auction sites have the best/most user friendly/easy of use live-auction software and/or auction listings >>>right now I’m loving Spectrum Wine Auctions full 360º images of bottles—no one else has that to my knowledge, only they don’t have that for many of their listings :frowning:. If I wanted to sell off my meger collection, I’d want all of the bottles to be 360º views, both from a seller & buyer perspective I think it’s great.

Should I put that into WT or here, where not many will see it?

You’d be surprised, that’s not really a huge mistake because they both have Bennett in the name. If some underpaid/incompetent/bored & lazy/indifferent (more likely the latter :smiley:) employee has entered the data, without paying attention it would be an easy mistake to make.

I just got off the phone for 15min with a supervisor of CS @USBank, after doing a Google search on customer retention, and finding some bad shit about USBank. I’m doing a chargeback against Winebid.com, but earlier in the day I got some lowly tier 1 CS rep, who was a male, forgot to get his name (they don’t give their full names most times and only if you are insistent can you get an employee ID # out of them). He did the usual questions to verify who I was after I give him my CC#, told him my last 4 digits of my SS#, right after he interrupted me doing that asking for my name. Then I gave him my name, and he was upset at that, saying that prior to that I had told him my name was Daniel Sanchez… WTF! I said he must have been mistaken, and corrected him again. He then said, without asking for my address or phone# that he needed to put me on hold to do some “additional security checking”. I said no problem (kind of weird he did not ask for the address assigned to my CC, nor phone#…guess he was going to go look that up himself rather than ask Daniel Sanchez to repeat it, lol). Well I waited for 5min, and the guy never came back to tell me what the hold up was, so I hung up.

Later today I was shopping for dinner @supermkt, tried to charge the purchase and was denied by the CC terminal…fk, good thing I had enough cash to pay! The bastard had not been able to get back in touch with me by phone and decides for “security/fraud protection” reasons the CS sup speculated, being an irritable p*k with me on the phone, that he was going to lock my CC acct < fuker!!! There were no recent large purchases on that acct, nor any unusual activity.

The CS sup told me she was able to pull up on her screen that said male (of which she claims she can’t get a name for him) had noted that someone with 'speaking an accent" named Daniel Sanchez had tried to contact CS under my name. WTF, that male employee was probably on drugs or talking to someone else who was Hispanic on another line. Imbecile.

This fun, all because of a) incompetence in the general workforce (USBank CS dept), and b) incompetence and abject arrogance on winebid.com CS—which consists of just one person, btw; that you are SOL with their faux iron-clad terms which some overpaid attorney wrote up, saying you are buying “as is” condition wine. Fine with me, but if the advertised condition is not the condition of the wine they send you, those terms are not binding. >>> full page rant coming soon, not doing business with winebid again, they just lost a 5yr customer.

you answered your own question about 4 times right there.

Hey Charlie,

How’s it going? You recovered from Vegas alright? ;D

Unless there has been a change in ownership, I would not trust Wine Chateau in NJ.