2011 Wine Cellar Photos

Hi there,
As the last thread showing off some amazing wine cellars was getting long, I thought I would start a new one.

First, I want to direct your attention to a West Virginia Illustarted article to take a video walk through of Bob Hubbins’ Morgantown home. It is super sweet and of course, the wine cellar rocks! It’s at the 5 min mark. :slight_smile: It’s done in Premium Redwood, stained dark walnut with a maximum capacity of 2,392 bottles.

Other than that, our Tech Tuesday category has been busy. We posted this closet cellar in the beginning of January that you might enjoy looking at!

What: Residential Closet Wine Cellar
Project #: 206887-2
Wood: Premium Redwood
Maximum capacity: 311 bottles
Where: Maineville, OH

It is small but it packs in a lot of individual and case storage to maximize the space!

Kristi,

What are the three horizontal racks at the top of the racking designed for? Are they for display bottles?

Hi Les,

Let me check on that but I think it is smaller case storage. Or either a wine display row for a few bottles. :slight_smile:

Ahh okay. It is a “Vertical Wine bottle Display” in open racking. It seems a little odd to me to have it that high but I suppose it would be super odd to have case storage up there as well!

Les,

I have these in my cellar and I have used them for smaller 3-pack wooden boxes (think harlan or colgin)

Hi there! We had a nice example of a cellar go up today and I thought I would post the pictures. It’s unstained Premium Redwood in our Designer Series, which are full depth racks and go six feet high. I think the tile and walls look very nice in this example.

What: Residential Wine Cellar
Project #: 211125
Wood: Premium Redwood, (Designer Series)
Maximum Capacity: 546 bottles

Lots of individual bottle storage and diamond cubes which is really nice.

I had to post this gorgeous cellar. It has a hidden door. I’m in love with hidden doors. This particular cellar is done in All Heart Redwood with space for over 1,000 wine bottles. The arch, diamond bins, red walls, and tile flooring make the wood pop.

Here is the display row with the hidden door:

Peekaboo!

Wood and glass door:

Wow, so now I know that in Sterling, VA (which is a very small town) there is a house with the safe behind the wall in the wine cellar. Are the owners OK with you sharing this on the internet? I would never be…