Vendor's agreement

Also, in an attempt to standardize price quoting, I would like to donate this to the world and encourage it’s use:

Vendor’s Agreement

I the undersigned representative of _______________________ wine and / or spirits wholesaler do hereby agree to the binding definition for the purpose of ALL business with our store that “a case” of alcoholic beverages is 9 liters of product (as defined by the US Government!) however packaged unless specifically released from this understanding by the management of this store.

This absolutely and literally means that

one “case” of 750ml bottles contains 12 bottles

one “case” of 375ml bottles contains 24 bottles

and one “case” of magnums (1.5 liter) bottles contains 6 bottles

Failure to comply with this will result in your company becoming persona non grata with ours and we are not f-ing kidding.

_________________________________ Vendor Representative

_________________________________ Store Mgmt

What a concept! [wow.gif]

Love it! Wouldn’t work in environment…

JD

The main thing is to get it through their thick heads that when they say “$120 a case” that does NOT mean $20 a bottle for a six-pac. This was inspired by two incidents:

1. We publicized, pre-sold and were ready to ship out a nice high end, small production Friulian white once based on the “case price” quote and the stuff shows up in six-packs. I told the vendor he had to either eat the difference or NEVER call me again. It was only twenty cases and we were a large account so he ate it.

2. In a attempt to “spread a small production wine to more accounts”, Roberto Bava once shipped an Erbaluce in NINE bottle cases. Again, we had already listed it in our newsletter based on 12 bottles and I raised holy hell and they made up the difference in other goods.

Roberto, I’ve been burnt by this as a consumer. It’s happened at least twice to me that a wine was advertised to me at a very good price. I ordered, and then the retailer (who I trust in both cases) came back to me and said they were really sorry, but that was based on a 6-bottle case that they were quoted by the distributor. The compromise was to ask me to go up to their real wholesale cost, which I did in one case, but not the other.