Q for Retailers

I know we have a few retailers here. To those of you who make your living by pimping wine directly to consumers, do you think there would be enough interest to give you a forum of your own here? Something like Cellar Rats, but a place to discuss issues unique to the retail setting?

I think it could be interesting.

Just get Posner and Max in there and see the fur fly! [swoon.gif]

I think it would be great for us, the consumers, to have a place to ask retailers questions w/o the appearance of free advertising. More importantly, I wondered if it would be useful for them to have a forum to speak to each other about their trade. Even for mundane stuff like the software they use for inventory…

Anyone? Roberto?

Pimping?

Local vernacular around here for “sales/manager”, but no offense intended. Welcome to WB!

Pimpin’ wares, yo!!

No offense taken, just curious, thanks and thanks for the welcome. Paul Simpson, Retailer [drinks.gif]

I think it’s a good idea but that consumers won’t get a lot out of discussions of which importers and / or distributors are a pain in the ass or what’s new in inventory software or cold box cleaning supplies.

A lot of the stuff that WOULD interest consumers is kept pretty tight to the vest as it is a VERY competitive environment and becoming more so every day. Witness Posner making everyone think he is a player in big Bordeaux when he is really all about the Aussie stuff…

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

NOW that’s hysterical

Wait…I thought he hated that stuff. At least I saw someone say that. [diablo.gif]

Hi Paul, I don’t see a lot of you online anymore, and I am a newbie here too. But just stopped in to say hello.

Both of you have the power to change this…