Can't Find Pappy!

3 big wine/liquor stores (Wine Exchange/WineHouse/Woodland Hills Wine Co.) in SoCal said their distributor has been sold out for awhile.

Anyone know anything? Trying to find a bottle of 15 year old Pappy, and can’t.

Don’t panic buy guy…I know the Bottle Works in Telluride has the 20 and I’m pretty sure they have the 15. I’ll be there on Thursday and let you know.

Did you check with Veronica @ Hi Time ?

Wine Searcher has every year listed but 15, with the exception of one place in NJ

Plenty of the 15’s and 20’s here but no 23’s.

I have been getting my 15 and 20 from bevmo of all places. I have to go through special services and it takes a few weeks but they always come through.

There are a couple of different Pappys here. If you want me to take a look and see what’s out there I can always pick one up for you.

I am pretty sure that the 20-year (and presumably the 15 year) is released twice a year - once in the fall and once in the spring. As such, it is not surprising that it is not available now. I usually have good luck finding it in Atlanta around November and December. Good luck.

This is what I was told.

I have a standing order for some 20 y/o from a West Coast retailer this year.

The next release of Pappy should be in November.

Sorry Terence. Unless you find it elsewhere, hope you do alright waiting it out!

Cheers!

Sorry to be so out of the loop, but what is Pappy?

Pappy Van Winkle Kentucky Bourbon.

Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve - Wikipedia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And that would be the key reason for my ignorance [basic-smile.gif] .

Pappy Van Winkle is the Greatest Bourbon in the World

Could be, but I never drink that stuff - just don’t have the taste for it!

As a former Bostonian, I thought you would only drink Big Pappy:

Well if you can’t find Pappy have some Fighting Cock

what?

You talking to me or to Tyler? Wait, is it Bourbon they put in Mint Juleps before we play our Sunday round of Polo?

Ah yes, it could have been either one of you, though I think you were there longer, but not when Big Papi was in town.

Oh, and I know less about Bourbon than you do.

ha ha, thanks everyone for your responses…even the segue-tangent replies (you all know I love those!)

I found a bottle so all is good! Going to an Iraq vet from his brother for his birthday.

Only the best.

FWIW, I saw 6 bottles of the 20 yo on the shelf at the (old Sam’s) new Binny’s tonight.