Possible 0ff-line - meet and greet in Dallas

For the Dallas 'zerkers:

I’m new to the boards and I’ve recently made Wineberserkers my “must read” day in and out. I love the site and I’m very excited to be here as there is a tremendous amount of info and knowledge shared within it’s pages. Just a brief introduction real quick and I’ll get to the good part. Most people call me JP, it’s short for Juan Pablo and I’ve been the wine director at Monticello Liquor and Fine Wine for almost a year. We’re in the midst of transforming our wine program, making many fine and macro-tune adjustments. Developing a wonderful wine selection of hard-to-find and boutique selections has brought me into contact with, among the many people, Red4Wine. Red4Wine is a two man distributor operation of select California wineries and vineyards. I’ve been presented with the opportunity to be the Dallas ambassador for this small, Houston based distributor. They haven’t broken into the Dallas market yet and they’re relying on me to help get them into the top restaurants and a few select wine stores.

• Keplinger * Tournesol * The Grade * Vice Versa * Futo Wines * Bure Family * Wolf Family * Corra Wines * Arietta Wine * Yorba Wines * Grace Family * Seven Stones * Detert Family * Aubert Wines * Morlet Family* Bryant Family * Dyer Vineyard * Dancing Hares* Blankiet Estate* Fairchild Estate * Chateau Boswell * Keever Vineyards * Meteor Vineyards * Bressler Vineyards * Hudson Vineyards
    are all winery partners that they support here in Texas, some of which I’ll be carrying at the store. If you’re in Texas and would like to know more about Red4Wine, check them out at:
    http://www.red4wine.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here’s the good part: Tommy Scillian (Red4Wine owner) and Lee Hudson from Hudson Vineyards are coming to town this week and I have an appointment set up for them at Dali Wine Bar. We’re going to be tasting the Hudson Vineyards Chardonnay '07 (if I’m not mistaken) and the entire line-up of Arietta Wine, their current vintages.

If anyone of the Dallas people can make it, please come. We’ll be at Dali from aprox. 12pm-1pm, Thursday, April 8th. Then they’re off to see more people and I’ll be headed back to work. Short, sweet hi and hello, taste some good wines and ciao. If interested just PM me, or email me directly, JP@Monticelloliquor.com or just show up and we’ll have a great time tasting through some excellent wines.

If I didn’t take the time to let you guys know, I would have felt terrible by not sharing, and that’s the one thing that keeps me coming back to this site for more… the sharing of all things related to wine.

So, here’s to me wanting to make my small contribution for the 'zerkers out there, and here’s to y’all for the wonderful community. Cheers.

JP

Appreciate the offer JP but it is the middle of the work day for. Hope we meet up at an offline someday soon though.

You ought to try to make it down to the CT Offline in San Antonio in May

I’m not going to move it, but if you want more attention to this, let us know and we can put it in the offline planner section