Wine in a Box question

Wanted to start this in this forum as I figured those on the retail side may have seen more things like this.

Anyone come across a producer doing Moscato d’Asti or an Asti drink-alike in the 3L-5L Bag in a Box format? From a customer inquiry, and I’m pretty sure I hadn’t seen any in Virginia, but curious if they may be getting placed other states. Would carbonation be an issue?

Not to say that somebody won’t/hasn’t tried, but sparkling in a bag in box format seems silly. There’s pressure in there.

Haven’t seen it anywhere…

JD

Perhaps they can fit it with a widget like the English Pub Draft cans.

Agreed, silly, but you know how Moscato drinkers are…

Hmmm . . . “fermentés dans cette boite”. Doesn’t have that ring to it, you know?

Has anyone tried to channel the great RGR on this?

rolleyes

You would lose the fizz pretty quickly unless you had a second bladder that EXPANDED to press down on the inner bladder with the wine as it lost volume.

Reminds me of the woman who came in bitching that we sold her a VacuuVin and it “ruined my Champagne!”. Physics, it’s everywhere…

[rofl.gif]

As a former packaging consultant who worked on bag-in-box projects back in the '80s, I can say without hesitation that carbonated beverages in bag-in-box is an impossibility. As Roberto says, “Physics…it’s everywhere.”

“Physics…it’s everywhere.”

And let’s not forget it!

-Al