Wholesaler cooks wine and I own it!

I bought a closeout of half btls 2005 Chianti Classico Riserva on November 24th. What could go wrong?

One of my guys, a few days later, takes one home and it is no good (cooked). We open one a few days after that with our sales rep from the wholesaler, it is no good (cooked).

Since then, I have been waiting and waiting for the goods to be picked up. First I was told the sales manager had to approve it. Got that done. Then the legal department had to approve it. Got that done…the wine still sits here, one month after purchase.

Got to love the three tiers.

Stop whining you pussy!! [wink.gif]

Old man, I will kick your ass!

You bought it without tasting it?

Go easy on me Rambo! [pillow-fight.gif]

He just looked up the Parker score…

Maybe they are all just suffering from travel shock.

Dan
Why did you already pay the bill? Is this a NY thing? We have 60 days to pay on invoice, putting a November 24 purchase well into January for payment (or lack thereof, I’d ship it back if it were unsatisfactory). Unless there was also a substantial percentage “early pay” option?

At least you know how far you can trust this wholesaler’s closeouts. If you squint you might see some light between my two fingers.

There it is. If a closeout looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I would normally agree, but 2005 Chianti Classico Riserva?

I thought I had a winner. Oh well.

I had very few returns when I owned my store, but it usually took weeks and multiple calls to get it done. Supposedly there was a two-week (I think) time period allowed by law for returns, here in California. Or at least that’s what I was told. Love three-tier; and love ABC rules.
flirtysmile

Name names.

What is the wine, who is the importer, and who is the wholesaler?

Let’s out 'em.

IMO, if you can’t ship/store/deliver wines under proper refrigeration at all times, you shouldn’t be selling it.

And informed people shouldn’t be buying it.

Wait a second, I was just in Grapes this afternoon, and Gallagher sold me some Chianti Classico!

Oh wait, not 05, whew.

Berserker Exclusive!!!

Oh, wait…

Net 30 in NY. I find that in general, they are a little tougher here about invoice discrepancies if it’s not declared at the door on delivery before you sign. Ultimately, though, it’s like any other place, just shake down your sales rep if you can’t get the warehouse or credit dept. to do what you want! [berserker.gif]

Taste it or not it sounds like the wine came in bad. Its not like he can taste a bottle from every case he receives and even if you could one bottle isn’t necessarily representative of the entire case. If I understood him Posner correctly.

And who can do that? [pillow-fight.gif]

I used to frequently pour off bottles of Italian wines into my tomato gravy that I frequently cook from scratch. The sauce doesn’t care if the wine is cooked. [basic-smile.gif]

If you’re buying other product from the wholesaler, why don’t you withhold that amount from the bad wine?
I can tell you for sure that this is how it’s done in the toy industry.

Now you know. Happens to everyone.