Wine retailer's conduct.

They certainly went way beyond what was necessary.

FWIW - The $25 you pay Chambers street is very cheap. I never seem to find anything below $30 for a case by ground from that region.

I’d have to agree that $25 is a very low price for a case from New York to Florida. I would have to think that either Chambers St. has a very large volume rate or they are subsidizing the charge somehow. At the very least, they are certainly not including the cost of packing materials at that price.

For reference, I just quickly looked up a FedEx shipment I made, a year ago, from SoCal to Louisiana, and the Ground rate was $28.34, for a 42 lb case. Some shops re-cycle shippers and don’t charge for them, but even a pulp 12-pack shipper costs around $4, styro is more.

Just a little factual input. I also think your retailer handled the quantity issue quickly and fairly.

Only my $.02. Some shippers aren’t charging for shipping at all right now.

You got that right.

You are just lucky that the retailer didn’t threaten you with a posting on a wine board about your bad conduct in this instance. [tease.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

They refunded you, quit yer yappin!

$25 is cheap for ground to FLA.

We get a very good discount rate from FEDEX and we charge about $35 per case. But if you return the shipper, it is $22.

I do know that we do more dollar volume of sales than Chambers. I have no idea if they do more shipping, though, within that context.