Boo to Wine Library (are you listening Gary V?)

ok, this is a minor deal really, so sorry for the hyperbole, but thought it might get Gary’s attention…

Gary,
I love your store and shop there frequently. 100% electronic, though. In the past I’ve gotten gift certs from my family, who know how much I like WL. However, they could only be used in the store, which ended up being a bit of a pain for a guy who lives hundreds of miles away.

Holidays approaching again, people asking what I want as gifts- so I checked to see if the WL gift cert situation has improved. Nope, same problem.

I say that’s pretty weak for a guy that prides himself on his tech savvy… I’ve been getting and using Amazon gift cards and codes for what, 8 years? It’d be great if you could improve your technology to be able to use gift coupon codes when ordering online, otherwise … not so cutting edge, really!

I think this would be a great idea, Gary - to be able to use gift cards online has got to be a boon for the gift card sales…

Just curious, but have you ever actually called the store and spoken with a person and explained? It may well be that the website won’t take the cert (extra technical issues and work to enable that), but perhaps a human being could make it work for you.

Funny… I never think of Gary in ‘human being’ terms!!! [berserker.gif]

Can you pick up the phone, call in an order and use your gift certificate over the phone?

Bruce

Phone is so 1920.

What’s this phone thing you guys are talking about. Does it actually involve speech? To a person?

Yes, I did try that- both previously (when I had the gift cert) and a few days ago (when I was checking to see if the situation had improved)

This is what I ended up doing, but they still needed me to physically deliver the gift cert before I could pick up the wine. So I placed an order over the phone because I knew in a few months I was going to be in NJ and I picked it up then. But that was a lucky fluke that I had a family event in NJ and couldn’t rely on it again. I wonder if I could place the order and then mail them the gift certs and then when they get them, ship the wine. I did not think to ask that. Still - my basic point still stands - Gary is so techy / web 2.0 that the situation seems surprising.

OK, THAT is indeed lame.

We are so LAME on this issue :frowning: SOOOOOOOOOO lame! I am so sorry this is all on me and my POS! I promise to do something about it!

Is that Point of Sale or Piece of Sh!t?

Just kidding of course

Thanks for the response GV… I wouldn’t be a squeaky wheel if I didn’t think the improvements would benefit anyone. I for one would move gift cards to the tip of my bday and xmas wish lists!!!

There’s a phrase I never thought I’d see in print. [berserker.gif]

Great idea…I’d be all over gift cards too if they could be used online!
Ps - Kyle - now you know what to get me this year

Damn GV you are a CLASS ACT!

Damn, Ken - you truly are the funniest guy on the board.
[welldone.gif] [winner.gif] [notworthy.gif]

Greg,
A phone is an archaic piece of communication technology still used by the social dinosaur. Just look in the Beamer beside you on the highway and the phone will be the little black square thing diverting the drivers attention from the important job of driving. [swearing.gif]

Gary will get together with you, share a glass of wine, and it will be all good!

neener

Right after Cork’d 3.0. neener