POS System

A forum for and about wine retailing. Consumer questions, retailer rants, etc. All are welcome to post
John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

POS System

#1 Post by John Davis » February 29th, 2016, 8:24 am

Any ideas for the best system for a package store. My experience is limited to grocery store applications (ScanMaster/S4). Looking to upgrade a package store system.

Thanks,

JD
ITB

PeterJ

POS System

#2 Post by PeterJ » March 16th, 2016, 10:46 am

Take a look at this: http://www.retailpro.com/

You're probably well aware, but a couple things these products tend to be sketchy on are the ability to generate the specific reports you want for your needs, and integration to accounting software. Most of today's products seem to be pretty savvy about the basics, and many offer good integration to social media as well. One thing to know is that, if you think you'll ever be in a position where you need to have a tip line on your sales media (ie-a BTG program of any kind), most retail products either can't do that or require separate modules to accommodate it.

Obviously one key is to avoid having to enter data in more than one program to do what you need. My daughter's craft beer bar uses software that allows her to project her available beers on a screen in the store, on her website, and also export to social media...... with different formats for each. All updates are done seamlessly. Saves her a ton of time. (note: she doesn't use Retail Pro)
Peter J@ckel

Brent C l a y t o n

POS System

#3 Post by Brent C l a y t o n » March 16th, 2016, 11:18 am

I'm a big proponent of Atlantic Systrms. Not cheap but great functionality both on the front and back ends.

Www.asi-nj.com
ITB Sales IG@bigdaddyb420wine

Scott Arndt

POS System

#4 Post by Scott Arndt » March 16th, 2016, 4:19 pm

We Just went through the process. We went with Catapult from ECRS. It was much more robust than all my previous experiences, ASI, Liquor POS, and L-Boss.

ITB

John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

POS System

#5 Post by John Davis » March 24th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Thanks all!

JD
ITB

justinmcinerny

POS System

#6 Post by justinmcinerny » April 1st, 2016, 9:21 am

Might be late to the party but I am very pleased with Lightspeed Retail, cloudbased POS, had it for over a year after leaving Shopkeep which I did not like at all. DM me if you want more info. It's pretty robust and inexpensive, $148 monthly including e-commerce that's seamless. Inventory gets populated on your website immediately. You buy your own hardware. You have to get Cayan merchant services which has been fine. It takes ECM as of this week. Depending on your budget and needs you can spend more and get a lot more functionality.
Justin
ITB - retail
suburban DC

Return to “Wine Pimps”