FedEx What did you bring us?

We had a case of unexpected wine delivered to our store today. Checking the tracking it was shipped in NJ Dec 15th to another address in NJ, signed for and reshipped. Then it went its typical ground route throughout the country, delivery attempted in Fairfield, CA and tracking shows wrong address, locating correct address. Last week delivery was attempted to our previous store address that we haven’t been at for 8 years, then it was redirected and delivered to us today. This has been bouncing around for over a month, we haven’t carried the wine in the box for 4 vintages and the shipping container is nothing we’ve ever used.
I called FedEx with all the tracking numbers and info we could get off the box (there was no packing slip or receipt) after the cust service rep looked for several minutes she came back with " I have no idea, I"ll have to turn it over to a supervisor and they’ll call you by tomorrow."

Anyone ever dealt with something like this? We’re trying to figure who it belongs too. Ironically it’s a case of Educated Guess

Nah, we thought of that but, Tex is banned from Jersey, so he couldn’t have dropped it off there. He’s also banned from Guernsey, Suffolk, Texel, Shetland, Merino and even Angora. [wink.gif]

We occasionally get boxes for clients that don’t have their name on the outside of the box. We open to see if there is a packing slip or invoice inside, and if not, call the sender, whose name and phone # should be on the box. Most of our packages come from a winery, so easy to determine who to call. But nothing as bizarre as your scenario.

Chuck, what is very strange is there is no return address on the shipping label, that was one of the 1st things we looked for and then a packing slip. The FedEx label is blank except for our old address and then our new address, it’s a real head shaker. I’m hoping FedEx can use the tracking to figure who the shipper was, it should take them back to the account.

This is actually the second time it has happened but the first time we sorta figured it out. The first time, 12 years ago, a case of Frank Family Wine showed up via UPS. The box was damaged making the tag unreadable. Some UPS person on the east coast googled Napa Valley Wine and we came up so they shipped it to us. We had Frank Family pick it up. Don’t know where it was supposed to go but maybe Frank Family got a call on it and took care of it.

Clearly, Some one just needs to make an educated guess.

Ok that’s terrible. Sighhh

[thumbs-up.gif]

Carrie/Randy, any update? Perfect storm has to have begun SOMEWHERE.

Have not heard a word from FedEx. I really don’t think they care. It will wind up being the person who never got their wine contacting the person who sold the wine, then the seller can put in a claim. If the claim is too low, (it is), FedEx will just pay the claim and we will be the owners of wine we can’t sell.

Hmmm. Maybe offer it up on Berserker Day as an auction item. One case of wine that has seen more of the United States in 30 days, than 75% of all Americans.