Phone order from RUSSIA, do you take it?

Phone order from Russia…do you take it?

• yes, no problem
  • yes, trust but verify
  • no, are you kidding?

0 voters

Got someone trying to make a phone order for local delivery of non bling wine but the caller was calling from Russia and when I asked for a call back number the answer was “I’m using a phone card”. What would you do? I referred them to AMEX customer services. Let THEM sort it out.

scam-ola, dude!

But, A) she had that sexy Boris and Natasha accent and B) wanted to send a $30 bottle of Cab (NOT a case of Dom or Louis XIII) to a local address. I was really torn but decided to trust my gut…

Trust your gut?

That is not even one of your heads!

Nyet.

It could have been Serge!!!

Got this one twice in three days:

philipreid101@gmail.com

Dear Sales,

I’m here to place an order with you and below is the item i want to
place with you

Louis Roederer Cristal Brut 2000

I want you to get back to me with total costing of the order with shipping cost

Area Zip code Au Gres, MI, 48703

i will be looking forward to read from you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Philip.

Randy, there was one going around last year that had an actual address in NY that, when you google mapped it, was a vacant lot in a crappy part of a small town.

Just tell them you will only accept a wire transfer. If they are scamming you, you’ll never hear from them again. Same goes for any Carriades/Duhart/Lafite/Cristal inquiries. There are a lot of scam artists out there, but they can’t get around a bak wire transfer.
We do the same thing everyday. Never fails to tell the good from the bad.

I haven’t heard of them using phone calls, but this sounds similar to the emails we receive quite often. I believe it was Mary Baker who actually did some research into this scam. I think it was on her blog, but can’t find it now.

Dode get that about once a week