Just another day at the office!

We just had a young lady come in and say she was in with her boss several days ago and bought a couple bottles of wine, she said one was XYZ and doesn’t remember the other but the cork broke when they opened it and the wine didn’t seem very good. She handed me approx 1/4"-1/2" of the top part of the cork, no name visible on it, she didn’t have the bottle and she asked if she could get credit or get replacement for it.

Me: We’re happy to exchange it or give you credit for the wine, what was the wine and do you have the bottle.
Her: I can’t remember the wine and no, we left the bottle at a restaurant.
Me: I’m happy to help you but I would need to know what the wine was and if you could bring the bottle in we can replace it or give you credit and we can return it to the winery but the winery would want the bottle to determine what is wrong with it.
Her: I don’t remember and I thought so but thought I would ask anyway. Thank you, no problem.

[scratch.gif]

Duh!!!

Can’t wait to see the Yelp review.

You didn’t give her a Yellow Tail?
(or are those screw caps?) :neutral_face:

Well, if you weren’t so anti-Semitic. [swoon.gif]
You probably ship wine to arrive on Fridays in an unrefrigerated truck with a driver who skips houses and marks them as nobody home during a polar vortex only to find it was a holiday so the wine sat in the heated warehouse all weekend.

Did you offer her a first order discount?

should have handed her an intact cork.

If I bring in the brown paper bag but can’t remember the wine, will you still replace the wine for me? flirtysmile

Bruce

Perfect!

Of course I will Bruce, it’s my choice on replacement. [stirthepothal.gif]