Buyer Beware: Marshall Jackson

Marshall and I agreed to a deal back in December for a couple of bottles. Price was finalized and just needed to firm up in-person hand-off details, as I was not comfortable with a payment before shipping option, given that he has no posts or feedback in this group. He asked that I pay half up-front and he would ship, but I insisted on an in-person deal to avoid any risk/issues.

After 4 or 5 emails of figuring out details and awaiting a final response to specific hand-off timing, Marshall appears to have completely ghosted me and stopped responding to any of my emails. No funds were exchanged, but buyer beware, as he has zero posts or feedback on this forum and had I sent funds, I would have zero recourse.

FWIW, he reached out via PM to one of my previous ISO posts on this board. Not a good look for someone with zero posts or feedback when they flake on an agreed upon deal.

2 Likes

I would never make a trade with someone with no posts. Heck, there’s one guy I wouldn’t trade with if my life depended on it. Reported on that particular thread. Good thing you weren’t scammed.

Marshall mentioned he was friends with someone on this board, so I reached out and got a confirmation that Marshall was indeed a real person and the ‘friends’ bit was true. It was the only reason I even entertained such a deal. Just glad I never sent my half of the payment up-front.

Whoa…did you follow up with that someone as well?

Moving to CC Feedback