Rose surprise in Ohio (not Pete - AR and Bedrock)

I had a few minutes to run into a local store to pick up some rose and, to my surprise, there in the rose section were bottles of Arnot Roberts and Bedrock. Nice to see on the shelf here in Ohio.

I thought you were talking about an Ohio rose. David_T has been talking about Ohio wines a lot so I was intrigued. Arnot Roberts and Bedrock? BORING! neener

Sorry, Kyle. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a rose from Ohio vinifera. Not sure I want to. I’ll stick with Arnot Roberts, Bedrock, Copain, etc. and some eurotrash rose :slight_smile: Waiting for Tercero and Lagier Meredith to show up here next.

While I wouldn’t recommend passing on any of those, the Arnot-Roberts is one I’d insist you don’t miss.

Any chance of sharing the location for us locals? PM if you’d prefer. I’ve seen a couple different Bedrock wines at World Wines in Mentor and Shebang! at Wine Spot though though always ~25-33% higher than I paid on the list, no big surprise given our insane markup laws. And yes, I would recommend M Cellars’ rose’. It’s no Bedrock or Arnot Roberts but very refreshing (and dry unlike most Ohio roses).

I’ve come across bedrock old vine and rose in Columbus at the Morse Rd Wine Guy store. Bought out the old vine and should have done the same with the Rose.

Pretty sure that Bass Island produces some might fine pink Catawba!! :slight_smile:

Both Bedrock and A-R … From last year … Are outstanding.

My first thought was Pete Rose. Thought perhaps he made a surprise appearance at a Reds game.

The Andersons General Store on Federated Blvd. (off of Sawmill Road) in north Columbus. I don’t frequent wine stores around here often anymore so I was surprised to see these given their production. AR I buy direct, Bedrock I have had due to the generosity of friends. But it’s always good to stock up with a few more bottles of rose for summer.

Fixed. [cheers.gif]

I was thinking it was about my all-time favorite Ohio wine from years ago, Lonzbrusco

Thanks, I love The Andersons and try to stop by whenever I’m in Columbus. Speaking of which, we need another Berserkers Cbus offline…