Horsepower Wine?

A cayuse sibling? $110/btl for Syrah or Grenache…

Anyone with more background/detail on the wine? any good? Nearly double the price of a normal cayuse syrah?

Edited as I answered my own question - oops! newhere blush

The email I got…

•Sign-up for the remaining spaces on the Mailing List will be open at horsepowervineyards.com to you on a first-come, first-served basis starting on May 21, 2014 at 9 a.m. PDT. And don’t worry, you’ll receive one more reminder email between now and then.
•Unfortunately, due to the limited production of our 2011 first release, we will not be able to offer wine to very many customers. The good news? Production is increasing in future vintages and we hope to welcome many more customers to the Mailing List in the near future.
•The 2011 Horsepower Grenache and Syrah will be priced at $110 per bottle, and the initial allocation will be one three-pack in a wooden box per customer.

As always, thank you for your interest and support as we embark on this new venture. Obviously, there are a lot of great wines in the world, but this will be your rare opportunity to experience the simple joys of Old World wine growing tradition–as interpreted by Christophe Baron. The same high-spirited power and focus Zeppo and Red bring to their work in the vineyards will be captured in every glass and bottle of Horsepower wine, and we look forward to sharing it with you.

Best wishes,

Trevor Dorland

PDG

No info other than the email and the website. Due to the dearth of info, people will be buying based on Christophe’s track record.

As I’m on waiting list for Cayuse and No Girls, I don’t expect to get on the initial list. Although I’m sure I’d enjoy the wines based on my limited experience with Cayuse and No Girls, at $110/btl perhaps it is a good thing that I am shut out.

I bet the horses will make the list parties more entertaining.

Wow, that’s some strong marketing!

Can you say SQN??
Better sign up now or there’ll be a 10 yr waiting list down the road.
It got a ringing endorsement from JebDunnuck. So there you go!!
Tom

I’ll be lining up to secure my spot on the waiting list
[head-bang.gif]

So has anyone on the Cayuse or No Girls mailing list or wait list heard anything about it? I haven’t yet

What, with Cayuse, I’ve been waiting now 3 years or more? It’s nuts. I got the email, too.

Unfortunately (and fortunately), I am well oiled with Copain, Wind Gap and Rhys so if I want to drink into the savory, old world, treat the wines and customers right labels, I am well set now already and very satisfied.

I got that e-mail today. I suppose I will sign up, but $110 is probably more than I want to pay.

P Hickner

Michael, tryed the Horsepower wines at the Cayuse Release Party. For me they are similar to Cayuse and No Girls but with more structure and tannin. Super wines. I’m sure everyone has there own opinion on whether they are worth the dollars.

Tom

Tom, similar to Cayuse - which ones?
the $60 syrahs they have? or the Frog?

Thanks!

Frank, I think Cayuse is right there with Saxum, Carlisle, Rochioli and SQN as the few waiting lists that survived the last 5 years.

Tom

Mark, I would not compare them to a particular wine. What I would say is that they have a style that is unquestionably unique to the wines made by Christophe.

Tom

Tom. Thanks for the tasting insight.

I was more wondering if anyone on the mailing lists or wait list had actually gotten an email with an offer for the wine. I never signed up for the actual horsepower list since the website said I would hear about it being on the other two lists. So I didn’t get the above email today.

The name of the wine doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue if you know what mean. “I’ll have another glass of Horsepower please!”

I have been buying since the 2004 vintage, and did not make the offer list.

hmm. easier to say than “I’ll have some more No Girls please”. champagne.gif

Ditto this. In fact, I think you and I signed up at the same time from the same event. [cheers.gif]

I received the e-mail because I buy Cayuse but I will pass in the unlikely event that I do get an offer.