Thoughts on Harmand Geoffroy?

I tried a couple of young Harmand geoffroy wines this weekend that were great. I know nothing about the domaine. Thoughts? I am thinking of pickings some up to age but considering how lush and delicious they showed young I am wondering about ageing potential. Thanks in advance, champagne.gif

I am only familiar with their Lavaux St Jacques and it is a great rendition of that terroir.

I did a tasting of quite a few wines when I visited the domaine - very nice stuff.

The very few aged bottles I had (“En Jouise” 2001, Mazis 2002) aged well.

I very much liked the wines I drank from them, just tried the 2012 line-up. Also to me, it seems that Lavaux St. Jacques is a must-buy at the Domaine. But the Mazis 2012 and the 1er Cru La Perrière were pretty amazing as well. I’d say it’s not a stand-out domaine, but very, very solid and reasonably priced.

The style has gotten cleaner over the years, and their 2010s are exceptional. With Maume departing, this will nicely fill the gap that he will be leaving behind.

I don’t have a lot of experience with the wines, but as I work my way through a number of samples, including several 2010s, I certainly agree with you, Ian. These are true to the reputation of Gevrey-Chambertin - pure, meaty, somewhat sauvage (old Maume-like) wines.