Favorite $30 and under Cab

I have to go to an event- host is requesting everyone bring 3 bottles of a cab, $30 or under.

Thoughts?

Thanks! [cheers.gif]

Does it have to be domestic?

No- just said a Cab…

Drive them crazy and bring a Chinon by Baudry or Raffault or whatever. It is a Cab (Cabernet Franc that is).

Chappellet’s Cervantes is decent and in the mid 20’s. Had a Clos du Val recently that I enjoyed and also a Merryvale Starmont that was good (if a bit ripe and oaky). Freemark Abbey as well. Also some of the better Cameron Hughes is just short of $30 (lot 500 is available).

Cameron Hughes would be my first selection. Clos du Val is another good suggestion.

What’s that school-themed CS that’s pretty popular? Chalk Board? I think the label is black and white.

Not sure, perhaps someone here can offer an educated guess…

Seconded on the Chappellet. Two others in the TWENTY dollar range: Conn Valley Prologue (the 07’s were one my QPR winners of all time, but have not had any of the more recent vintages) and Seven Hills Columbia Valley.

If you can find it, Hobo Wine Company Cabernet is a great choice (or any other cabernet that Kenny L makes).

Agree with the Baudry suggestion as well, if you can get away with it.

Wynns Black Label from Oz would be my first thought, though exchange rates may push it towards the 30 dollar limit

Veleta! (contact Nola Palomar, on WB)

This.

I just had the 2010 Baudry Les Grézeaux and would thank you if I were an attendee.

This is like the Berserkers version of Parker answering CdP to every question. Its exquisitely obnoxious.

You mean this?

Has to be a Cabernet

oh god no…this wine is a educated…mess…jmho :slight_smile:

The 2010 BV Rutherford Cab was surprisingly good when I poured it in Jan for a group of inexperienced tasters. I chose it as a baseline wine for what was to come after and it out performed my expectations.

+1 - the 2009 is rocking right now!

2007 Sineann Cab out of Chehalem Mountain AVA in Oregon is a winner in the $30 range.