Zalto Glasses - Which One?

I’m going to buy a pair of Zaltos, and I’m looking for the one that’ll offer the greatest versatility. We drink an equal amount of cabs and pinots. If you were only going to buy one type (bordeaux or burgundy), which would you get?

the universal

I love the Zalto Burg glass, but I have only had white and red Burgundy and a CdP in it. It gives a wine a lot of room to breathe.

+1 on zalto burg…love that stem

+1

I don’t have the Zalto Burgs but I do have the Bordeauxs and Universals. I find the Universals too small for reds. I really like the Bordeaux and would happily recommend them as a better “universal” glass than the Universals themselves. Large, but not ridiculously ginormous.

Hi Kevin - trust me, you want to purchase the Universal.

Universal…greatest wine glass ever. You will use it everyday and for special occasions. the burgundy is too big for my taste.

Way too large for my taste as well and the bordeaux simply does not have the flexibility of the universal.

had to twist your arm to buy them!
I bought Burg and Universal. Love both.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I’d say go with the Universal. [snort.gif]

I agree the Universal is great but if you’re drinking pinot and cab I’d consider the Bordeaux which I love for Burg, CDP, Rioja, etc. If you can, buy a Bordeaux and a Universal.

I have been using the Bordeaux glasses for everything lately. Sounds like I need to get some universals though.

I have the Universal and the Burgundy stems; more often than not, I use the Burgs. The burg stems are very large; however, they are balanced perfectly and very light. IMO, the Universals are the perfect wine glass; balanced, light weight and just a beautiful glass. I love both of them but if I could only have one would probably go with the Universal because you can drink all of your reds from it plus I use it for white burg and champagne. I have broke two of my universals but it was my fault; nevertheless it sucked.

Where’s the best place to buy these? Looking to pick up a few.

I bought 4 Burgs, and 2 Bords…and find myself using the Bords for everything! Even Champagne works well…it’s not too small or too big. The Burgs are great…for Burgs! I’ll use the Bords for pretty much everything else!

And reach out to Kevin Shin…he will sell you them for a very good price! [thankyou.gif]

[cheers.gif]

We ended up getting hooked up with Warren at Weygandt via this board. He offered the stems at a price too good to pass up and great service, too.

I have the universal,bordeaux,and the burgundy glasses.It covers my needs,only thing maybe missing is the champagne glas.I am very happy with my zaltos.They are very light and elegant,yet very sturdy,dont break easyly.Had mine for two years,havent broken any. [cheers.gif]

I haven’t tried the Bordeaux glass. Love the Universal, the White and the Champagne. The Burgundy is too big to be convenient for me though I do like what it does for aromatics. But I can’t carry it anywhere and it takes up a lot of table real estate.

I don’t like the Burg glass. Too big, brings out the heat. Love the Bdx and Universal. I did not think the Universal was “small” - I guess it’s all relative. If I were to pick only one as most versatile, it would be the Universal, but I drink little Pinot.