New Round of Rhys Futures

Welcome to the 2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay Futures offering!!

This offering is intended to allow our Chardonnay loving customers to secure small formats, such as 375ml and 500ml bottles, larger formats, such as magnums and 3 liter bottles, as well as full case quantities of our 2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay. The 2012 vintage produced thrilling Chardonnays with exceptional acidity and verve but the wines were very slow to complete fermentation. While many customers inquired about Chardonnay during our 2012 Pinot Noir Futures offering, we were not comfortable offering Chardonnay Futures until the wines had finished and we could assess the quality and quantity of Chardonnay available.

Until the wine is complete, Chardonnay is notoriously difficult to evaluate but now that our 2012 Chardonnays are nearing bottling it has become clear that 2012 was a truly exceptional vintage for Chardonnay at Rhys. In particular the 2012 Horseshoe Chardonnay offers all of the elements we look for in great young Chardonnay. The gorgeous nose serves up a complex array of aromatics, including Horseshoe vineyard’s signature jasmine and wet rocks, while the palate is remarkably fresh, detailed and vibrant. The green tinged color hints at a long life but like most of our Chardonnays, we expect this wine to drink very well young and continue to improve for years.

Participation in this Futures offering is completely optional and customers happy with a standard 4 to 6 bottle allocation of 750 ml bottles have no reason to order at this time. If you do order you will still receive a standard allocation for this wine in the Spring 2015 offering and all orders will count towards your purchase history. Please note that the amount of wine available in this offering is limited in order to make sure that we will have enough bottles of these wines reserved for the regularly scheduled offering.

This wine will be shipped during the Spring 2015.

Please click HERE to order now.

The following wines are offered on a first come first serve basis:

2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay 375ml ($449/case)
2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay 500ml ($599/case)
2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay 750ml ($828/case)
2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay 1.5L ($159/bottle) and 3L ($319/bottle)

If you have any troubles placing your order or have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at > info@rhysvineyards.com > or via phone at 866-511-1520.

You can follow our harvest at > http://twitter.com/RhysVineyards> .

Thank you again from all of us at Rhys!

oh god the brutality on my credit card whyyyyy

A important part you left off:

“Participation in this Futures offering is completely optional and customers happy with a standard 4 to 6 bottle allocation of 750 ml bottles have no reason to order at this time. If you do order you will still receive a standard allocation for this wine in the Spring 2015 offering and all orders will count towards your purchase history.”

Are the futures discounted in any way?

Love to get the 500s, but a case is too much for me. I guess I’ll have to wait for my allocation of 750s

Ditto.

Jay and David,
Thanks for the feedback on the 500s. We are still learning the best way to make this kind of offer and will take that into consideration in future offers.

Now that we have purchased the bottling parts necessary for the 500ml size, it is interesting to see that it is quite popular. Currently it seems to be equally popular to the 375s for Chardonnay. I expected the 375 size to be more popular than the 500s (maybe since it is a size for whites that I am quite fond of).

Too bad half-case options aren’t available for smaller formats as I’d be inclined to get some of the 375s or 500s. Or maybe a mix of both. But kudos to Rhys for providing as many options as they do. [cheers.gif]

Agree, a case of 375/500 is just too much for me, a half case would be great. Props to Rhys for doing this though!

+1

+2

I’ve spent a great deal of time away from Wine Beserkers but since rejoining the board as an active reader/contributor, the one
Winery that really has piqued my interest is Rhys. I signed up for their list a while ago. Just signed on hoping to have an allocation
but alas I don’t. Does anyone know how I can inquire as to when I may be offered an allocation? I would really like to try their
wines.

Charles

case of the 375s, 1 mag.

Ditto. I wouldn’t mind a few 375’s and 500’s but don’t want a case of either.

Everyone,
It sounds like there is resounding demand for half cases of small formats. We are going to try to add that option later this morning.

If my wife figured out I had spent over $400 on Chardonnay without bubbles I would be spending a lot more on a lawyer. :wink:

Charles,
This offering is for our current customers only but we do hope to be able to make an offer to all waitlist members over the next year.

Thanks Kevin. I emailed the winery general email address today inquiring on my status and where I am in line. Look forward to buying my first Rhys.

The half cases of 375s and 500s are now on offer.

Your responsiveness to customer requests is top-notch. It really puts a lot of others to shame. Guess it’s time to put my money where my keystrokes were. Thanks!

So how much are the half cases of the 375 and 500’s? (I’m not a member so don’t think I have easy access to this info.). Just curious . . .

Cheers!