Arnot-Roberts Spring Release

Haven’t seen a thread on this yet, but does anyone have any insight or tasting experience with the wines in this release? I’m looking to pick up a few, but I don’t have much experience with A-R as of yet. It looks like there’s a smattering of SVD Cab and Syrah, a rather interesting sounding Old Vine White, and a Ribolla Gialla.

2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Fellom Ranch, Santa Cruz Mountains
2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Bugay Vineyard, Sonoma County
2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Clajeux Vineyard, Chalk Hill
2012 Syrah, Griffin’s Lair Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
2012 Syrah, Clary Ranch, Sonoma Coast
2012 Old Vine White, Sonoma Valley
2012 Ribolla Gialla, Vare Vineyard, Napa Valley

[cheers.gif]

My cellar is obscenely full, but I couldn’t pass up A-R.

Just Syrah for me.

After they nailed the trousseau so mightily, I can’t not go for the ribolla

My bank account is obscenely empty. Every offer is an easy pass this year

In for the whites and syrahs. Hate their shipping costs, but their wines are good enough for me to swallow it.

Is the server down right now?

I’ll probably go in for a few Syrahs. My cellar is crammed right now too, but don’t want to pass on 2012.

Syrah only…First time allocation so a small amount.

We had the 2012 Old Vine (it’s Compagni Portis in reality) this weekend at a winemakers dinner up here in OR that was super fun. Thought it was a near perfect oyster wine if one is looking for an alternative to Chablis or Sauternes.

Currently waiting on samples. Last year, they were all notable.

back up the truck
The whites might not even make it to my front door before it’s Pobega time
I love the Syrahs but all three Cabs are delicious too. I can’t afford everything so I’m trying to figure out how to “borrow” money from my wife

although the website still seems to be down

The cabs are indeed delicious, especially with a few years of bottle age. My experience suggests to not Pobega the cabs.

what is their shipping like? very intrigued by the white blend

full allocation of their whites for me.

I get my first allocation and I have to pass, too much money out the door lately for wine, vacation, taxes, and toys.

WEBSITE STILL DOWN [head-bang.gif]

What’s the pricing like on these - both mailing list and non mailing list? Also what’s the deal with shipping since someone mentioned it?

I checked it just for the sake of checking it and it lets me add wine and proceed to the checkout. I didn’t go past that point though.

I processed my order a couple of hours ago.
Shipping was about $6.50 a bottle to the NY area. I ordered 4 bottles.

30-40 for the whites
45-55 Syrahs
85-90 Cabs